Update?

Update?

Postby Lasidora » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:24 pm

I cannot figure out how to update my game. I downloaded it and it is saved on my computer. I tried downloading it again but my save file doesnt work. It asks me if I want to restart. Any help is appreciated. I have single player btw...just incase that matters
Lasidora

Re: Update?

Postby Wahn » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:16 pm

The regular in-built save progress of Inform games will simply not work across different versions of the same game. So you can use save/restore only during your normal playing.

For the time when you want to switch to a new game version, we implemented a secondary system to transfer your progress - the saveword system. Standing next to Trixie in the library and using the "saveword" command will generate your saveword, if you have the downloaded version of FS, it'll directly write that into several files. With these files in the folder where you put the new version, you can just "load game" next to Trixie and she'll automatically restore your progress.

Alternatively to the "load game" command automatically reading the files, you can also "recite" the three parts of the saveword to Trixie yourself - like this: "recite 10}10}10}..." and "recite chantpartA}2}4}..." and "recite chantpartB}4}3}2}..."
Wahn

Return to General Chat