Temporarily Removed Content List

Temporarily Removed Content List

Postby TigerStripes » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:00 pm

As this has been requested again, here's an updated list of the material currently removed from the Single-Player Flexible Survival game. Now, we have good news on this front as well. A new version of Inform (the text-based game language FS is coded in) has just been released... but only for Mac OS X at the moment. We should be seeing releases for other platforms sometime soon and hopefully the promised compiler fix will be there. If so, I can put most of this stuff back in.

Currently removed:
- Mutant Centaur
- Omio (and related materials)
- Shaft Beasts
- Some background events
- Blood pills - Addiction (removed because it's always been kinda broken)
- The Reservoir location and its associated material
- An assortment of background events
- The 'pure human' and 'passably human' endings
- Rodeo Clown
- Math Teacher
- Squid
- Quilled Tousky
- The stuff in Zero's folder (removed long ago due to construction and writing quality issues)
TigerStripes

Re: Temporarily Removed Content List

Postby Lithophene » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:42 pm

Could we get an update on what from this list has been restored? I've run into some of them, but I'm not sure if they're all back in yet or just a few. Edit: Ohp, I'm a dingus. Failed at reading. I take it basically the Blood Pills and Zero's content are the only things out for good now?
Lithophene

Re: Temporarily Removed Content List

Postby lightningshifter » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:44 am

That appears to be the general gist of things. I'm frankly glad that the blood pill is out since it could royally mess you up if you tried using it. Incomplete items like that are dangerous because they're so game breaking. I haven't noticed anything else missing so I'm assuming we're back to where we were prior to the trimming.
lightningshifter

Return to General Chat