Can't Download

Can't Download

Postby gvim » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:38 am

Okay, it seems that I am no longer able to download the game. Every time I try, I get a weird page full of weird text.
gvim

Re: Can't Download

Postby gvim » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:38 am

Can anyone offer some advice?
gvim

Postby pridefall » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:30 pm

1) Have you tried downloading straight from the GitHUB and running it through an interpreter like Inform 7 or Gargoyle?

2) Have you tried downloading the "glorb" file from http://blog.flexiblesurvival.com/p/play ... vival.html by hitting "Save As" on the "Story File" link?
pridefall

Postby gvim » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:00 pm

1. I don't know what that is.

2. Yes, that gives me the same weird text.
gvim

Postby xinacs » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:50 am

You should get a file called "Flexible Survival.gblorb" being around 30 Mb. Just tested the download, works fine for me.
Where do you get the "weird text"? Are you trying to open it with an editor?
You should have Gargoyle or any other client installed and open the story file (the gblorb) with it. Then again: You said that it worked before, so you seem to know what to do with it...
Did you try to download it from a different computer?
xinacs

Postby gvim » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:33 am

eÞŠreÞžreÞ¶reÞÍreÞéreßreß reß7reßSreßnre߀reß–reß­reßÁreßÜreßîreàreàreà9reàWreàureàŒreà£reàÀreàÜreàõreá reá"reá;reáOreáireá„reá™reá²reáÍreáàreáõreâ reâreâ4reâIreâcreâ~reâ“reâ¨reâ¾reâÍreâãreâùreãreã%reã:reãNreãdreãyreãreã¢reãÀreãÞreãùreä reä!reä5reäIreä`reäureä‰reä¡reä¶reäÊreäßreäôreåreåreå2reåGreå\reårreå†reå›reå°reåÈreåáreåöreæ reæreæ:reæOreæcreæyreæ“reæ§reæ¹reæËreæÞreæÿreçreç3reçFreç[reçnreçƒreç˜reç¬reç¾reçÒreçåreçöreèreè#reè5reèJreè\reènreèˆreèreè³reèÏreèæreèúreé reé reére÷Wre÷pre÷…re÷ re÷ºre÷Ïre÷çreøreøreø9reøTreørreø‰reø¤reø¿reøÜreøõreùreù0reùSreùlreù€reùreù¼reùÛreùõreú reúreú6reúMreúireúŽreú®reúÌreúãreûreûreû8reûareû‚reûreû¸reûÕreûðreüreüreü3reüLreüireü„reü£reü¸reü×reüïreý reý#reýBreýVreýjreý|reý–reý®reýÎreýðreþreþ%reþLreþlreþ„reþšreþ³reþÐreþìreÿreÿreÿ/reÿIreÿereÿreÿžreÿºreÿÓreÿërfrf"rfDrf`rfsrfŽrfªrfÇrférf rf*rfHrfsrfrf­rfÁrfárfrf rf>rf^rfrfŸrfµrfÍrfêrfrfrf6rfNrffrf~rf˜rf§rf¾rfÔrfãrfôrfrfrf-rfFrf]rfsrfƒrf–rf§rf¼rfÐrfârförf rfrf6rfSrfnrfŽrf«rfÕrf÷rfr

This is what I get. I usually click on the story file under the "play flexible survival" tab
gvim

Postby Shoggoth on the Roof » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:20 pm

Have you tried downloading it through a different web browser?
A big monster like that on such a pointed roof... You may ask 'how does it stay up there, if it's so difficult?'

That, I can tell you in one word: tentacles!
Shoggoth on the Roof

Postby gvim » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:18 pm

That worked, thank you. I would still like to know why I can't do it on the browser that I used to do it on.
gvim

Postby Shoggoth on the Roof » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:44 pm

Sounds like it's a compatibility issue. What browser were you getting the problem with?
A big monster like that on such a pointed roof... You may ask 'how does it stay up there, if it's so difficult?'

That, I can tell you in one word: tentacles!
Shoggoth on the Roof

Postby gvim » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:21 pm

It was happening on internet explorer, it worked with google chrome.
gvim

Return to General Chat