I Need Help!

I Need Help!

Postby animatedwolf » Fri May 29, 2015 7:59 pm

hey! i need help to get flexiable survival to work, when ever i try to play it in the browser it never saves my progress, i got frotz and guix but when i get the "story file" and try to launch it i have an issue, first frotz doesn't recognize the story's file extension and two guix says there's something wrong with the game and it simple cannot launch it, can someone help me please?
animatedwolf

Re: I Need Help!

Postby TigerStripes » Sun May 31, 2015 5:26 am

animatedwolf wrote:hey! i need help to get flexiable survival to work, when ever i try to play it in the browser it never saves my progress, i got frotz and guix but when i get the "story file" and try to launch it i have an issue, first frotz doesn't recognize the story's file extension and two guix says there's something wrong with the game and it simple cannot launch it, can someone help me please?

There are two basic types of Inform-encoded game files - z-machine and Glulx. Flexible Survival uses a Glulx-based story file due to game size and complexity, resulting in a .gblorb file. You need a glulxe based engine, such as Glulxe, Git or Gargoyle, among others. Alternatively, you can download our built-in installer, which will create executables for all three solo games.
TigerStripes

Postby animatedwolf » Sun May 31, 2015 9:44 am

oh! ok then! you wouldn't mind posting a link to all those in a response to this forum would you? :)
animatedwolf

Postby Samsquatch » Sun May 31, 2015 3:44 pm

This is a direct link to the installer which can be found on this page.
Samsquatch

Postby animatedwolf » Sun May 31, 2015 7:52 pm

ok, i've downloaded the .msi and it downloaded sucsessfully, but where do i find the game and get it to launch? i can't exactly seem to find it any where...
animatedwolf

Postby Samsquatch » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:38 pm

I believe it creates a folder called Nuku Valente under program files, which should contain folders of the games. To run Flexible, I drag the Flexible Survival.glorb on to the gluxe exe (there might be an easier way).
Samsquatch

Return to General Chat