Flexible Survival font size change?

Flexible Survival font size change?

Postby Steven007666 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:58 am

Hi everyone, been a while since i played fs single player, i remember there being a way to change writing size in the game, to make it larger or smaller, how exactly do i do that, thanks for help. The only way to learn is ask the questions. :D
Steven007666

Re: Flexible Survival font size change?

Postby xinacs » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:46 am

This is not really part of the game but the player afaik.
If you play it in the browser you can really just use the increase/decrease font size function of your browser (usually CTRL+PLUS/MINUS).
If you use a client program (I prefer gargoyle as it is faster) you have to change its configuration.
- gluxe: just click on the icons (proportional font and fixed font) in the toolbar and set the new size.
- gargoyle: click on the house icon in the upper left corner of the window, select "options..." then edit the configuration file (look for "monosize" and "propsize") and change those values a bit. then restart the program.

If you are using anything else I need more info. :)
xinacs

Postby Steven007666 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:19 pm

Hi, thanks for replying, i'm actually using the installer of the links page in the blog for Flexible Survival, Flexible Society, and Flexible Infection, since i don't use an interpreter, should i be using an interpreter? thanks for any future help. any help is always appreciated.
Steven007666

Postby xinacs » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:42 pm

Hi!

I had to check myself to see what is in there. I've never used the installer. :)
It is indeed a gargoyle / glulxe that is installed with the game files, so you should be fine with the "gargoyle" instructions (my glulxe infos were actually referring to winglulxe. I think that is the correct name of the alternative client).
so:
- click on the house icon in the upper left corner of the window
- select "options..." -> the INI file will be opened. you might need to select an application to open it with.
- edit the configuration file with anything like notepad or notepad++ (my favourite)
- look for "monosize" and "propsize"
- change those values a bit and save the config file
- close the game window and restart the game
- note that it is best to keep those two font sizes close to each other for the best appearance (at least imho)
- repeat until you are satisfied. :)

BTW: I use these values:
Code: Select all
monofont      Liberation Mono
monosize      20

propfont      Segoe UI
propsize      24
xinacs

Postby Steven007666 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:39 pm

Thanks for help, yes it did work, will fiddle around with it till i'm happy with the size, wonder why this info wasn't on the wiki, i'd put right at the top for people to see lol. thanks again, greatly appreciated
Steven007666

Postby xinacs » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:04 am

You're welcome! I'm glad I could help. :) (why do those smilies look like balloons anyway?)
xinacs

Return to General Chat