Bonus Hour Idea Box

Re: Bonus Hour Idea Box

Postby Syril_of_Snow » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:43 am

I second Samsquatch on the children thing. After you play for a ton of time to get a ton of feats and the like (mainly the cheat-y one to stop the rescue because the tome is too short without) you can end up with so many kids that it takes more time to scroll through them than to beat Sonya's father (that's just me though, it always takes me forever to kill him no matter my level...).

Speaking of kids, I'd love to see more mpreg content expanded. Such as the creatures who would normally not sex up a fully male player (such as the Plush Lion or Sabretooth to name a few) to do so. Also, if we could fix the bug where the last romp in the hay gave you a baby for the new one and then you had an Alpha Husky and not a whatever because that is just really really annoying.

As for NPCs, Anthony, Ammy, Dominant Hayato and the Red Oni Lair. And Atticus. Almost forgot him since he has like two scenes....
Syril_of_Snow

Postby TigerStripes » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:51 am

It is certainly possible to make a storage unit, but it shouldn't be made using a person/NPC. There are a few fixed objects in the game, such as the vending machine.

As for the pregnancy ideas, they're certainly interesting, but most seem like they require extensive revision beyond the modifications to the pregnancy/impregnation system as it stands currently. I'll provide a more detailed response later, if needed.
TigerStripes

Postby Shoggoth on the Roof » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:12 pm

I'd suggest going and adding more content to old abandoned projects like the Equinoid Village, but I'm guessing that there just isn't a lot of interest (from either the writers or players) in doing so compared to producing more new content.
A big monster like that on such a pointed roof... You may ask 'how does it stay up there, if it's so difficult?'

That, I can tell you in one word: tentacles!
Shoggoth on the Roof

Postby Samsquatch » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:24 pm

I agree with that. I'd rather see existing content fleshed out rather than new content. There's already a significant number of NPCs and many monster that are simply bare-bones. No endings, no or little sex and/or no talk dialogues. I find it a lot more satisfying to progress through a plot with multiple stages rather than ten separate items that aren't fleshed out. I also like the interactions that aren't strictly about sex. Being able to interact with the NPC in some meaningful way like helping them solve their problems makes the game much more interesting (in my opinion). Characters who develop and change over time (especially due to the player's influence) are some of the best.

I think what would really help is if there was a list where we could see which projects are definitely shelved vs which ones they might want to work on but haven't had the time to do. It can be frustrating as a reader to find incomplete content and to have no idea if it will be fleshed out later or if that's simply all we get.

In any case, i'm not trying to sound unappreciative. I have my own ideas about where i'd like to see the game go, but i'm only one member of a much larger audience and it would be unrealistic for me to expect the developers to cater to me specifically. I just try to provide some reasoning behind why I think my ideas would improve the game; It's up to the devs whether they agree or not.
Samsquatch

Postby Wahn » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:39 pm

^^ I posted a list with projects, active/ready/inactive (at least from my end), in the projects section... have a look. (most likely forgot one or two... writing from a train right now)

Oh, and I love making new npc interactions in the bunker... sexual or otherwise. You know, filling the place with a bit of life, instead of having everyone just react to the player.
Wahn

Postby Samsquatch » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:53 am

Thanks for the update. I had a look over the list and have a better idea of where things stand. It'd be nice if, in the future, the main posts are edited to indicate whether the statuses are still valid (like every month or two maybe?). Just a line like "Valid as of xx/yy/zz." The projects forum does have posts by other developers, but they don't seem to represent all of the content being worked on currently.

As for things the NPCs can be made to do that add life, I think it would be interesting to see NPCs doing something that has progressive stages. Like Amy and Nadia might enlist some help in setting up a formal classroom, or Snow might go out in search of parts to make some sort of device, with the progress being shown over a series of events. Maybe Coleen and Vanessa can organize some sort of patrol? Maybe if the player reaches some critical threshold of NPCs, a sports day could be arranged?

Most NPCs seem to move in and are immediately at home with their new dwelling. I think it would be interesting if, the longer the game progresses, the more the characters add to their section of the library.

Just some thoughts if you're itching for ideas.
Samsquatch

Postby ElSterno » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:40 am

Samsquatch wrote:Most NPCs seem to move in and are immediately at home with their new dwelling. I think it would be interesting if, the longer the game progresses, the more the characters add to their section of the library.

The bunker needs bondage equipment. Chain people up, get chained up, gang bang, general sexual shenanigans!
ElSterno

Postby Samsquatch » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:51 pm

ElSterno wrote:
Samsquatch wrote:Most NPCs seem to move in and are immediately at home with their new dwelling. I think it would be interesting if, the longer the game progresses, the more the characters add to their section of the library.

The bunker needs bondage equipment. Chain people up, get chained up, gang bang, general sexual shenanigans!

I think Yolanda brings some with her when she moves in.
Samsquatch

Postby Oxymoronic_Gryphon » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:35 am

Fleshing out Bunker NPCs.
In fact, fleshing out in general. I'd love to see some of the older stuff get more to it, even if that happens at the expense of slowing down the entirely new stuff.
Oxymoronic_Gryphon

Postby Ent » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:51 am

I would love to see more content with some of the older NPCs like Sarah, Coleen, Orthas, definitely Susan (give me a reason to actually take her), Sandra, Snow, and Bad girl Alexandra.

Other than that, more ending for more infections is always nice.
Ent

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat