Does the Secure Area Event Disappear If Failed?

Does the Secure Area Event Disappear If Failed?

Postby Lycanthrokeith » Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:59 am

I've run across it once, and beaten the two Ash Dragators, but unfortunately failed the test afterwards. Since then, I haven't run across it again.

I really want to get the Shifting ability. Do I need to reset the event somehow (finding the Stairway again, maybe), or is it gone for good unless I reload the save?

Thanks in advance.
Lycanthrokeith

Re: Does the Secure Area Event Disappear If Failed?

Postby Shoggoth on the Roof » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:08 am

IIRC, you can keep trying until you succeed. Try using Hunt Secure Area.
A big monster like that on such a pointed roof... You may ask 'how does it stay up there, if it's so difficult?'

That, I can tell you in one word: tentacles!
Shoggoth on the Roof

Postby TigerStripes » Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:37 pm

Lycanthrokeith wrote:I've run across it once, and beaten the two Ash Dragators, but unfortunately failed the test afterwards. Since then, I haven't run across it again.

I really want to get the Shifting ability. Do I need to reset the event somehow (finding the Stairway again, maybe), or is it gone for good unless I reload the save?

Thanks in advance.

I've you've beaten the dragators, I believe you're done with the event itself. Now that you've got the data (or whatever), you need to find a place where you can put it to use. That means it's time for you to find Qytat.
TigerStripes

Postby Lycanthrokeith » Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:31 pm

Hunt Secure Area worked, thanks. I found the Shifting Room, too. For some reason, the shift command says it works, but my description doesn't change. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks.
Lycanthrokeith

Postby Shoggoth on the Roof » Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:23 pm

When you Shift, the effect takes place at the next time change, so try using your Journal, the Wait command, or Navigating to a new area.
A big monster like that on such a pointed roof... You may ask 'how does it stay up there, if it's so difficult?'

That, I can tell you in one word: tentacles!
Shoggoth on the Roof

Postby TigerStripes » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:53 am

Shoggoth on the Roof wrote:When you Shift, the effect takes place at the next time change, so try using your Journal, the Wait command, or Navigating to a new area.

That seems messed up. I don't think it did it that way before. Can someone look that one over for me? I'm a bit too busy to get roped into that as well.
TigerStripes

Postby Lycanthrokeith » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:16 pm

TigerStripes wrote:
Shoggoth on the Roof wrote:When you Shift, the effect takes place at the next time change, so try using your Journal, the Wait command, or Navigating to a new area.

That seems messed up. I don't think it did it that way before. Can someone look that one over for me? I'm a bit too busy to get roped into that as well.

It does work that way. I'm not a game programmer, or I'd offer to help.

Thanks again for the info.
Lycanthrokeith

Return to General Chat