Bug Report - Frank Scenes Unavailable

Bug Report - Frank Scenes Unavailable

Postby herpderp » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:21 pm

Using 11.22 AM, 16 June 2014 deploy

In the Comic Book Store Frank's gay scenes are unavailable (haven't tested female yet, will edit in after if same bug occurs). After rescuing him from his event you should be able to immediately interact to get the scene where he points out that he's not into guys and points out the adult comic books - however, you just get the "You don’t want to rush things with him. Maybe you should wait a little longer before having another go with him." message. Waiting for 8 periods then trying again gets the "You don’t want to rush things with him. Maybe you should wait a little longer before having another go with him. " message again BUT credits you the points for progressing the scene. It proceeds as such all the way through that path's progression, crediting points at the appropriate times but never displaying anything but "You don’t want to rush things with him. Maybe you should wait a little longer before having another go with him."

Edit: After this point I made my character a herm and went back and tried again. This time trying to have sex with Frank results in an endless loop of "The large skunk smiles and brushes his paws over his fluffy chair to straighten it out a little. “Mmm... that sounds nice, but I could you a bit more of a break. Besides, I want to finish the last of these issues,” he adds, pointing to the large pile he’s set out." regardless of how long you wait.

Double Edit: Going full female after attempting the male path also results in an endless loop of the same dialogue.
herpderp

Re: Bug Report - Frank Scenes Unavailable

Postby Wahn » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:36 pm

Hm, strange. Except a small typo fix that shouldn`t make problems, the code for sex with Frank looks like it is two years old, without any structural changes since then. Can`t test it right now in the game, but will do so this evening...
Wahn

Postby TigerStripes » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:26 am

These troubles seem to be fairly universal, so I'm guessing they're related to our attempts to get our code working with the new version of Inform.
TigerStripes

Postby nukuv » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:56 am

I am currently debugging fucking in general. A long, slow, hard process, as fits the topic.
nukuv
Site Admin

Postby Shoggoth on the Roof » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:25 pm

In the words of Warran Zevon, your shit's fucked up?
A big monster like that on such a pointed roof... You may ask 'how does it stay up there, if it's so difficult?'

That, I can tell you in one word: tentacles!
Shoggoth on the Roof

Postby nukuv » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:15 pm

That was a fucking hard problem to fucking debug, but we done fucking fixed the fucker.

Fuck.
nukuv
Site Admin

Return to General Chat