Saveword/Export Progress Help!

Saveword/Export Progress Help!

Postby Finalfork » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:24 am

I've updated to the latest build and noticed the Saveword feature was completely scrapped. Does this mean I have to start over or is there a way to import my saves from the previous build?

If possible, could I download the previous build, export save data, then import on the new one?

Thanks!
Finalfork

Re: Saveword/Export Progress Help!

Postby ryuzakku » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:42 pm

you'd have to find an old build and uninstall the one you have now.

I had to restart as I did the same thing you did. Not a big deal as it doesn't take too long to get everything back, but a small pain in the ass.

My big issue is how I will edit my saves now, because some days I want certain things, and other times I want other things, without having to create a completely new save.
ryuzakku

Postby KiWolfGirl » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:39 pm

Is there a tutorial on how to use the import export because it just keeps saying no file found but it never asks me to locate the file.
KiWolfGirl

Postby OmegaRook » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:45 pm

KiWolfGirl wrote:Is there a tutorial on how to use the import export because it just keeps saying no file found but it never asks me to locate the file.

Launch the game and create a new character. Save the game in the same folder as the export files. Then you should be able to import the old character into the new version of the game.
OmegaRook

Postby KiWolfGirl » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:52 am

Where are the export files though? It doesnt ask where I want to export them to. I am using Windows Glulxe
KiWolfGirl

Postby OmegaRook » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:50 am

KiWolfGirl wrote:Where are the export files though? It doesnt ask where I want to export them to. I am using Windows Glulxe

I'm running the same program. In my case, if I exported before saving the game, it saved the files in the same folder where the game file was. If I first did a regular save game into a different folder, that is also where the export files were saved. The regular Save and load commands tell the game which folder to export/import from or to.
OmegaRook

Postby KiWolfGirl » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:25 am

Okay so you arent really expected to be exporting and importing more than one play at once. I like to have separate saves for different things but I guess I dont need to have different exports at the same time.
KiWolfGirl

Postby OmegaRook » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:08 am

KiWolfGirl wrote:Okay so you arent really expected to be exporting and importing more than one play at once. I like to have separate saves for different things but I guess I dont need to have different exports at the same time.

Sure - it takes a bit of work, but you can have multiple exports if you like. Just copy all the export files to a separate folder for each version. Then, just copy the files you want to play into the current save game folder. I have a separate folder for the save games for each version of the game, with the folder titled with the version number (as I write this, the version number is 181008). After creating the new save game folder for the current version and saving a game into that folder, I go back to where my export files were and copy them to the new save game folder.
OmegaRook

Postby luneth » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:50 pm

most of the questions on the import export content and how to edit them and such have been put up on the discord so that is prolly your best bet
luneth

Postby KiWolfGirl » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:58 am

Is there a way to check the content on the discord without actually using discord?
KiWolfGirl

Next

Return to General Chat