Questions About Permanent/Quest Related Transformations

Questions About Permanent/Quest Related Transformations

Postby Dothething » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:30 pm

Howdy! With the new save file system in place I was planning on finally trying to do a full goody two shoes run and complete as much of the game content as currently possible. I just wanted to ask about permanent and unavoidable TFs such as the nightmare and hyena gang leader. Do they conflict with other quests, and can they be removed at all without the use of cheats? I seem to remember finding some info on this somewhere on the wiki a while back but I cant seem to find it. Thank you!
Dothething

Re: Questions About Permanent/Quest Related Transformations

Postby OmegaRook » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:41 pm

The easiest and most controlled method of gaining neutral transformations is with amazing fruit. Eating the appropriate fruit (amazing for males, amazinger for females and amazingest for herms, if I remember correctly) will change your appearance back to human for one area. You can undo and keep trying if it changest the wrong body part (a bit cheaty, but saves fruit). While you LOOK human, the area is actually listed as “Amazing”. And While it will change you back to human appearance, it won’t change genital size. So if you get horse size genitals and eat the fruit, they will still be the same size, but will be human shaped. And, of course, you can prevent any mutation from happening after Level 3 by volunteering with Dr Matt and choosing the “Microwavedl feat.
OmegaRook

Postby Dothething » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:24 am

Hey there! Thank you for the advice, I just started the run last night and have been doing some more testing and digging around the wiki. Apparently the new vhor(vohr?) island content contains a new enemy that can turn you human but I don't know all the details about that. Will the awesome fruit affect permanent transformations such as the nightmare or jackal? Or are those really permanent without cheats? Also I just tested it and the microwave feat only affects regular instances of infection. It wont work on scripted TFs like feeding Phillip or beating the Hyena Matriarch. On a side note does anyone know if the shifting ability locks you out of all TF related endings simply by having it or do you have to use it?
Dothething

Postby Shoggoth on the Roof » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:22 pm

Once you get a permanent TF like the Nightmare or Jackalman, you can't turn back to a non-permanent TF.

And simply getting the Shifter power locks you into the Shifter ending, regardless of whether or not you ever use it.
A big monster like that on such a pointed roof... You may ask 'how does it stay up there, if it's so difficult?'

That, I can tell you in one word: tentacles!
Shoggoth on the Roof

Postby Dothething » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:23 pm

Thank you! I was just about to start the stables quest but I guess ill just skip it for this play through.
Dothething

Return to General Chat