Neophyte seeking review

Re: Neophyte seeking review

Postby TigerStripes » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:37 pm

f you're going to go for a mutual tail scene, then you'll want to try to use pronouns like "yours", "hers" and "each other's" to avoid over-repetition of "tail". Since you're going to have paragraphs going on and on about tails, try to minimize the need to reuse the word through the use of pronouns, though the occasional repetition will likely be unavoidable, especially for the mutual scenes. Remember as well that you can also toss in 'appendage' in substitution at one or two points in the paragraph when you can no longer get away with pronouns.

Using the taur list to check for usable tails probably isn't a good idea, as that includes such things as the centaurs, whose tails probably aren't suitable. Most of those in the Tailweapon category should be fine, though there is a lot of variety between them and some, like the insect ones, are quite different from the others. Also, though it's not listed as a tailweapon, the Cerberus with its tailcock setup might make for a fun special variation on this if you want to include it.

For reference, here's the current contents of both Tailweapon and Taurlist:
Tailweapon: (49) Drone Wasp, red kangaroo, Skunk, Wyvern, Anthro Shaft Beast, Feral Shaft Beast, hermaphrodite dolphin, Dragon, Dragoness, Yamato Dragon, Yamato Dragoness, sewer gator, pirate shark, Ash Dragator, Ash Drakenoid, Ash Whelp, spidergirl, feral sea dragon, feral sea dragoness, Naga, lizard girl, Wereraptor, Black Wasp, Skunkbeast Lord, Hyperskunk, Triceratops, Komodo Dragon, Beaver, Dragontaur, Dracovixentaur, Queen Bee, Salamander, Killer Whale, Squid, Snake, Bottlenose Toy, Quilled Tousky, Xeno, Corota, Hydra Beast, Voodoo Gecko, Reptaur, Gargoyle, Manticore, Behemoth, Opossum Sailor, Tenrec, Pewter Consort and Dragon.

Taurlist: (11) Reptaur, Centaur Mare, Centaur Stallion, Mutant Centaur, Panther Taur, tigertaur, Wolftaur, Skunk Taur, Dragontaur, Vixentaur and Dracovixentaur.
TigerStripes

Postby Sheogorath » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:54 pm

Thank you for the advice stripes.

On repetition: I’ll keep that in mind.

Tail weapon list Vs taur list: Your right, I did forget about centaurs, fixed.

Special scenes for unique tail types: This is actually an idea I’ve mulled over quite a few times. There are so many kinky possibilities after all, the majority of which Kathy would love by the way. Of course, I still have editing to do before I can get started, so consider it TBA.
Blessed are the cheese makers.
Sheogorath

Postby userpay » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:20 pm

If I may add my own thoughts on the topic of tails... Might be a bit rambly as I am a tad tired at the moment. Not to mention I can only make guesses as to how the code works based on what I've read from comments made on the forum and my own coding experience with other languages.

Anyway it sounds like there may be two options when it comes to figuring out if the player has a usable tail or not.

1) Make several tail specific flags such as no tail, unusable tail (short, feathers, ect), thin tail, thick tail, unusual tail*, ect. The unusual tail option making it check a list of specific forms that have special tails such as Cerberus for the potential of special scenes. On one hand would be very labor intensive but potentially useful for other authors as well. Tailweapon is a good start but I have a feeling there are several forms on that list that have dangerous tails with spines and/or spikes so it might require a check of a small list of forms that are still incompatible.

2) Generate a list of possible forms/parts that would qualify. I would assume that this would be the slower option as it has to check a long list as opposed to whether the player has a given flag or not but otherwise would probably be easier to code. Not to mention it would mean that new critters would have to be manually added rather than giving them a flag that effectively auto-includes them.

Regardless +1 for the attempt to add more tail sex which seems fairly uncommon (runs around as a Salamander Femme in the online FS).
userpay

Postby Sheogorath » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:25 pm

Thank you for your input userpay, it’s always nice to hear my peer's thoughts.

Dangerous appendages- I totally understand where you’re coming from. As infections like the Behemoth, Manticore, or the ash Drakenoid have some pretty wicked ends. However, I personally feel this is an acceptable break from reality since it allows more people access to the scene. Also I am not sure about the best method of informing players in game about the mutual tail sex option. True, I could have Kathy mention to people she’s about interested in trying out tails, but that’s tip toeing a little to close to the fourth wall. The other problem is that Kathy’s knowledge of the infected is limited to the outside area, junkyard, dry plains, and the park. So in the in the end, I feel its best to cast as wide a ‘net’ as possible. This said I wouldn’t be opposed to changing things in the future.

Unusual limbs- I have special scenes for the Cerberus, anthro/feral shaft beast, the high rise black wasp (not to be confused with the Drone infection found in the park), and queen bee infections. This list can be expanded though and I don’t mind people suggesting, requesting, or donating additional content.

A quick note on the availability of tail sex: This is something I’ve noticed myself, and its one of the reasons I choose to add it. Well that and its fun.

P.S. You didn’t come across as rambling in the slightest.
Sheogorath

Postby Traveler121 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:22 am

How to get the Vixentaur I Just don't get that with Sam Or anything with that quest

And I can't find it anywhere how to do that!!
Traveler121

Postby Sheogorath » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:37 pm

To acquire a vixentaur infection you have to complete Sam's quest then dose him with pink vixen nanites or combination of blue dragon and pink vixen. Afterwards have sex Sam about five times, this prompts a scene where you're asked if you want to make him/her a herm or if haven't already. Once that's done, Sam's relevant decedents (I.E. dragontaur if Sam is male, vixentaur if female or both along with the inter-gender dracovixens if they're a herm) show up around the 'outside area' hunting grounds. Also make sure you don't have anything banned during your current play through because that could locking you out of content.

Speaking of content, do you have any suggestions, criticisms, or requests for Only lonely? I been waiting like a month for people to comment on it and won't be updating/posting new stuff until at least one person does.
Sheogorath

Postby Traveler121 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:05 am

Ty for the help :D

But what do you mean with Only Lonely

I havn't folowed anything right now :D

so tell me About it
Traveler121

Postby Traveler121 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:28 am

And BTW do I need to complete all off his quest's ??? And I had give it a try but after 5 As female and I just found out you need to be male Darn:(
Traveler121

Postby Sheogorath » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:41 am

Trouble with Sam: Yes, you do have to complete his three fetch quests in order to TF him into your desired mate. From the sound of things you’ve already done this, so you’re golden on that note.

“And I had give it a try but after 5 As female and I just found out you need to be male Darn.” That’s strange, in the year of so since Sam’s debut, I’ve never head of a bug like this. Given that as far as I know Sam’s descendents spawn regardless of player gender; the only advice I can give you is to make sure Sam is in vixentaur or dracovixen form. If this doesn't help go to the general chart and post your bug there, I sure the devs will be able to help. Of course, if you want I can post a save word for a play that has vixentaurs already running wild.

Only the lonely: This is a piece I working for FS single player and the whole reason I began posting here. If you’re interested in it, please take a look first page of this thread, there some cliff notes and about a third of my total project already up. Once you’re done looking it over, I will happily answer any questions you have left. (Trust me it is a lot easier than me parroting what’s already there.) Also if it’s not too much to ask, I would appreciate any polite thoughtful criticism you can offer.
Sheogorath

Postby Traveler121 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:12 pm

Sounds Interesting!! Can't wait that you finish it Or its just Comes in the Game
Traveler121

PreviousNext

Return to Dev Chat