Blue Bishop's Content Corner

Re: Blue Bishop's Content Corner

Postby Krux » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:27 pm

Speaking of Bound System...I noticed that Researcher characters don't get the endings like the others do, when their humanity is lost completely they get sent back to the game with 1/100 humanity. And also the game will think the character got transformed during some scenes. I remember having Alpha Husky TF but during a scene the game said I had Sierrasaur parts. After that I looked at my character description and it had the correct infection (Alpha Husky appearance).

So yeah, I assume this is some kind of bug, not game-breaking, but it can confuse sometimes
Krux

Postby Blue Bishop » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:52 pm

Krux wrote:Speaking of Bound System...I noticed that Researcher characters don't get the endings like the others do, when their humanity is lost completely they get sent back to the game with 1/100 humanity. And also the game will think the character got transformed during some scenes. I remember having Alpha Husky TF but during a scene the game said I had Sierrasaur parts. After that I looked at my character description and it had the correct infection (Alpha Husky appearance).

So yeah, I assume this is some kind of bug, not game-breaking, but it can confuse sometimes

There's a coding quirk that can't really be dodged with Bound state endings--specifically, the self examine rule doesn't update when immediately being pulled out, even though succumbing while bound to the Sierrasaur transforms you into itself. I might fiddle with the code a bit to try and update the self examine rule proper, but otherwise I don't know of any guaranteed solution.

As for the Reasearcher quirk, I'll have to look into it.
Blue Bishop

Postby Blue Bishop » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:26 pm

The recent addition's I've made have been posted on the Blog. I would like to underline a few backend things that have resulted from this update.

First off, I've implemented text variables for gender pronouns. [ghis], [ghim], and [ghe]. I found this the easiest and most compact solution to bi-gendered monsters who share certain scenes. You can set these pronouns manually or with the following:

malepronouns;
femalepronouns;
neutpronouns;

Secondly, it might be worth noting psycheeval and libidoeval. These are primarily used by bound states to adjust lust/sanity effects based on appropriate feats. For example, Strong psyche gives psycheadjust a 1, weak -1, and neither 0. the same applies to Horny Bastard and Cold Fish for libidoadjust, respectively. If you need a numerical adjustment to a certain effect, consider using -eval and adding -adjust to the calculation.

Thirdly, I've decided to make it a rule that the Dominant feat will allow players free access to player victory sex. Normally, my rule was always to check if the players had a heightened libido before asking if they wanted sex, but now this should make that not an issue. I originally considered "Horny Bastard" to offer this, but after a fair bit of discussion the option seemed redundant -- You'd likely be of valid libido regardless. Allowing Dominant this freedom feels like an appropriate way to make the feat worthwhile without necessarily dumping a whole lot of content on it first.

The most concerning addition is Feral banning. I assume I've missed some monsters or situations, and there's also the possibility of a quest that requires one of these monsters but fails to identify that they're banned. Pointing out what's missing will help me loads. For the time being, players should find it reasonably useful as a warding option, at least.

The addition of Ultimatum should be a fairly straightforward and painless implementation. Unlike normal feats, which the player can simply choose not to ask for, fun feats can no doubt be a pest at very high levels. Ultimatum should hopefully allow you to ditch the excess in a way that feels satisfying.
Blue Bishop

Postby dravus » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:50 am

I really do love these updates of yours Blue Bishop

keep up the wonderful work ^^
dravus

Postby Blue Bishop » Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:56 pm

I've sent a fix that should resolve the error relating to Researcher and Bound State losses. While I was floating around, I did a few backend things to put the older states in line with newer ones, as well as fix the problem with players not looking like the monster they lost to.
Blue Bishop

Postby Blue Bishop » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:55 pm

A fairly fundamental change to libido is awaiting a merge.

Specifically, the game will now increase player libido whenever they lose, regardless of whether or not the player dodged infection, so long as the monster is infectious. Generally, the increase is 4, up to the monster's libido entry, at which point it becomes 2.

The non-infectious rule is largely meant as a way to logically dodge the effect for situations where it wouldn't make sense (The peculiar dragon, for example). If the monster should increase libido, it can be put in manually, which shouldn't be much of a hassle given the infrequency of this entry's use.

To counter this, the player now loses 4 libido whenever beating a monster, infectious or not, even if they choose not to have sex with them and even if they use Control Freak to dodge the scene. However, this only works whenever the player has over 25 libido, meaning that -- once it gets up -- the player can't bring it all the way back down.

Overall, we want to make Libido a mechanic the player more readily interacts with. Hopefully this should help a lot in doing just that.

Finally, I've amended most of the encounters in the Hospital region. Their victory sex content can now be accessed with "Dominant", even if you lack the libido. In addition, I've nerfed the Panther Taur's libido entry, cutting it by over half of its original amount (40, down from 90). Along with that, I've altered the panther's conditions for forced victory sex to be more reasonable.
Blue Bishop

Postby dravus » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:50 am

quick question Blue Bishop

are you thinking of applying your bound state to all the vorish and unbirthy monsters in FS?

I would be very interested to know ^^;
dravus

Postby Blue Bishop » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:51 am

dravus wrote:quick question Blue Bishop

are you thinking of applying your bound state to all the vorish and unbirthy monsters in FS?

I would be very interested to know ^^;

You mean retroactively altering existing vore/ub content in the game to operate as a bound state? That's a difficult question to answer.

It's unlikely that NPCs will receive changes to their existing content, especially when you consider that the PC is wholly complicit in the activity so the same structure doesn't apply.

In the case of monster encounters, it's a little more of a possibility, but there's so few instances of vore in the game that the change would be near-imperceptible. The Wyvern was an exception because I was overhauling the entire thing anyways, and he was one of the few that performed the act. UB-based bound states are still being internalized, since it's I still haven't fully hammered out whether or not they should be considered such.

Simply put, it's better to just add more bound states, rather than go back and change all existing ones... For now, at least.
Blue Bishop

Postby Krux » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:41 pm

There's an event that has an instance that could use Bound State. The Trickster event has you fighting 3 feral wolves and an alpha wolf to save some soldiers that have been tricked by Diego. If you lose/submit, you get fucked by one of the FW, then when a second one is about to get to you, your character grabs one of the soldiers and puts him in his/her place. You could make this escape optional or endure all the wolves at a cost of a great amount of humanity loss
Krux

Postby Blue Bishop » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:10 pm

Krux wrote:There's an event that has an instance that could use Bound State. The Trickster event has you fighting 3 feral wolves and an alpha wolf to save some soldiers that have been tricked by Diego. If you lose/submit, you get fucked by one of the FW, then when a second one is about to get to you, your character grabs one of the soldiers and puts him in his/her place. You could make this escape optional or endure all the wolves at a cost of a great amount of humanity loss

I have considered the possibility of one-time-only, event-based bound states, and it's certainly something that could happen in the future. Time (And my workload) can only tell.
Blue Bishop

PreviousNext

Return to Dev Chat