Blue Bishop's Content Corner

Blue Bishop's Content Corner

Postby Blue Bishop » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:26 pm

Well, since Wahn's doing it, I might as well!

The following thread is meant for discussion regarding content I've implemented in FS. Additionally, I will post here announcing any substantial content additions I've made for the game.
Blue Bishop

Re: Blue Bishop's Content Corner

Postby Blue Bishop » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:31 pm

Starting off I've recently implemented a new encounter for FS:

Sierrasaur - This vore-focused monster is encounterable in the Plains, and serves as an exploration of new mechanical concepts. Player Victory Content is not yet implemented but is slated for eventual release. You can, of course, dodge all of its vore content with the Vore Adjust option (Though inform me if I goofed on that).
Blue Bishop

Postby dravus » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:25 pm

I gave your new critter a good test driving

I must say you've done a really good job with it along with the new mechanics for being locked in

very good work ^^
dravus

Postby Blue Bishop » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:30 pm

dravus wrote:I gave your new critter a good test driving

I must say you've done a really good job with it along with the new mechanics for being locked in

very good work ^^

The "Bound State" mechanic will likely be extended to other instances. A second monster I'm working with in tandem to this one will have a less common and non-vore related version of this.

Because the routine is contextual--as opposed to combat which is universal--I have more creative freedom with the system (For example, the bound state relating to this second monster doesn't need hunger or thirst as an element to its design, so I can pull that out).
Blue Bishop

Postby Blue Bishop » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:13 am

A new monster is awaiting a Merge for FS: The Pewter Consort.

This male, feral beast is a stark contrast to my prior encounter. He is available in the Capitol region, and he also has a non-vore (Though still somewhat twisted) Bound State, which isn't as commonly occurring as the Sierrasaur's (But can have its chances increased with Kinky).

The bound state in question is fairly code-intensive, which is a quite a change up from more prose-intensive work you generally see. That being said, because there's so much going on behind the scenes with this one, there's a high possibility I goofed on something (Especially since I spared this encounter of more intensive scrutiny to bring it to you a little earlier). Send me a heads up if some writing is presented in you in a particularly irregular manner.
Blue Bishop

Postby Alesleo » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:41 pm

Tried the new critter, didn't find any issues.
What I can say is that it's simply amazing. Yours it's a work of magic with that code, Blue Bishop!
Alesleo

Postby Krux » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:35 pm

Does this "Bound State" system work only for battles or can it be implemented on an event...say...the Trickster event were you can choose to fight a group of Feral Wolves to help some soldiers that were tricked. If you loose (Or submit) You get the usual sex scene, but after it it says that another FW comes for you and your character grabs a soldier near him and puts him in his/her place.

Say...would be possible to implement a bound state situation in there to give you the choice of escaping or not?
Krux

Postby Blue Bishop » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:28 pm

Krux wrote:Does this "Bound State" system work only for battles or can it be implemented on an event...say...the Trickster event were you can choose to fight a group of Feral Wolves to help some soldiers that were tricked. If you loose (Or submit) You get the usual sex scene, but after it it says that another FW comes for you and your character grabs a soldier near him and puts him in his/her place.

Say...would be possible to implement a bound state situation in there to give you the choice of escaping or not?

Bound states are malleable enough that they can be thrown down anywhere. The specific example you provided isn't on my workbench right now, but I am in the process of implementing some ten more, give or take.
Blue Bishop

Postby Blue Bishop » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:23 pm

I've gone ahead and made a pull request that awaits merging. The req entails some tweaks to the Sierrasaur's ending and the Consort's bound state and pregnancy, among other things. Edit: Merged.

More importantly, I've gone ahead and added "Exit Doors" to a large chunk of rooms which don't have their own exploration table, they are as followed: Beach, Red Apartment, Green Apartment, Bright Alley, and Abandoned Lot. The park will also be adjusted, but that zone is presently in the story.ni file and I'm doing a fair number of things in there right now that have yet to receive the green light, so it has to wait.

This change is for consistency reasons; without an exit door you cannot, for example, hunt things. Subsequently, it's a nice and little quality of life improvement.

Finally, I've adjusted the layout of the Beach. For example, the ocean is now to the west, instead of to the east--which makes more sense for a west coast city--of course, I haven't discussed this with Stripes at any length and I could be missing something here, so this change might be reverted.
Blue Bishop

Postby Blue Bishop » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:16 pm

For those who have not yet noticed, I've gone ahead and removed all gender locking feats from the fun feat table.

Instead, you can select a gender lock from a list in character creation, allowing those who are very adamant about their gender to not be penalized for it. Additionally, there's a "Random" option, for the adventurous, and those who choose no lock receive a minor point boost at game end.

In addition, the Banning UI for character creation has been redone to be easier to navigate (There are a couple new categories in there which haven't been implemented yet).

Finally, I did some sprucing up of the layout for game over, hopefully to flow a bit better.

Happy holidays!
Blue Bishop

Next

Return to Dev Chat