Blue Bishop's Content Corner

Re: Blue Bishop's Content Corner

Postby dravus » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:46 pm

Blue Bishop wrote:You mean retroactively altering existing vore/ub content in the game to operate as a bound state? That's a difficult question to answer.

It's unlikely that NPCs will receive changes to their existing content, especially when you consider that the PC is wholly complicit in the activity so the same structure doesn't apply.

In the case of monster encounters, it's a little more of a possibility, but there's so few instances of vore in the game that the change would be near-imperceptible. The Wyvern was an exception because I was overhauling the entire thing anyways, and he was one of the few that performed the act. UB-based bound states are still being internalized, since it's I still haven't fully hammered out whether or not they should be considered such.

Simply put, it's better to just add more bound states, rather than go back and change all existing ones... For now, at least.

thank you for the explaination there....that does make a lot of sense

though I might put forward that the new megakitty could see good use of the bound system....being bigger and more likily to lock you in >.>;;
dravus

Postby Blue Bishop » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:08 pm

WHAT YEAR IS IT!?

[Back from a slight hiatus]
Blue Bishop

Postby Blue Bishop » Thu May 01, 2014 3:23 am

The next third of the Dragonpalooza update has been sent. A blog post has been made detailing all major changes. The pair doesn't introduce any new backend mechanics that need to be highlighted for other writers.

One minor detail that should be kept in mind is that I went ahead and make a semantic amendment to the game in relation to the FSD pair. All invocations of these creatures for encounters and for flags have been replaced with "Feral Sea Dragon" and "Feral Sea Dragoness", from "feral sea dragon" and etc. The adjustment to casing is for consistency purposes.
Blue Bishop

Postby Blue Bishop » Thu May 08, 2014 7:02 am

I'm currently plotting the addition of a "bluntlist", which would entail any infection that has a cock with a blunt head. You'd think the equinelist would be enough, but there are certainly monsters out there that have this feature and are not an equine, much like there's a distinction between the caninelist and the knotlist.

For the most part, the implementation is much in the line of the knotlist's tokenistic usage, but instead allows for adjective alt-text for any prose detailing the player's cockhead.

Obviously, the equinelist will be carried over into the bluntlist, and I know the Sierran and the Wyvern have this feature, but is there anyone I've missed?
Blue Bishop

Postby Coren » Sun May 11, 2014 5:13 pm

I really enjoy your content additions Blue, but I have a question about the latest. I have fought many a feral sea dragon, but have still yet to see the vore based bound state from either gender. I can only assume I am not meeting a condition. Any ideas? Vore content is set to full already.
Coren

Postby Blue Bishop » Mon May 12, 2014 12:55 am

Coren wrote:I really enjoy your content additions Blue, but I have a question about the latest. I have fought many a feral sea dragon, but have still yet to see the vore based bound state from either gender. I can only assume I am not meeting a condition. Any ideas? Vore content is set to full already.

Be sure you have a scale of 3 or lower. Beyond that, there should be no restriction.

Additionally, be mindful of what update you have. the update was May 1st, so the content will become available to unpaid players in about a weeks time.
Blue Bishop

Postby Blue Bishop » Tue May 20, 2014 9:04 pm

A recent update to Onyx has been sent, filling in the NPC's remaining content hole -- their rescued mare variant at the Palomino. This was what the Bonus Hour content I took was spent on.

Once in, players should be able to turn Onyx by going to the Palomino and talking to Harold until a prompt appears. The prompt will only appear if you have not had sex with Onyx after rescuing him and females are not banned. After a two day waiting period, the content will become available. She has a handful of sex scenes the player can access.

Additionally, all of Onyx's old content has received minor polish work; all sex, discussion, and quests relating to him are now better paragraphed and indented. This has also been done to all the rooms in the Palomino and Stables. The Palomino has a proper exit door, allowing for easy exploration from that point.

A "bluntlist" I had previously mentioned has been added, currently only Doran and the new Onyx content will subtly reference players who have male anatomy belonging to this list. Finally, I've slightly tweaked the way failed exploration is described when exploring non-outside areas, to make a bit more sense (You're not exploring the ruined city when you're exploring the inside of the hospital, for example).
Blue Bishop

Postby Blue Bishop » Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:22 pm

My Bonus Hour workload entails updating a number of Flexible Survival's legacy monsters. The first wave has just been sent, containing an update for the latex fox.

Most work has been focused on his player loss. Previously, the Latex Fox had one of the most sparsely written player loss scenes in the game. Since this no longer adheres to current standards in content size, it's been replaced with a standard set of simple scenes, containing much beefier prose and much more robust interaction with the player's physical attributes.

All other content has been tweaked to varying degrees, to improve quality. Player victory's requirements have been adjusted to be consistent with current standards in victory rules (consent check for libido 30+ or dominant players) while the content itself has been tweaked to better identify player anatomy.

Finally, the "Toy Store" event has been adjusted following these changes. It now contains a fairly simple scene for player loss in the event, but I'll likely revisit this event at a later date.

That's it for now!
Blue Bishop

Postby Blue Bishop » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:57 pm

I'm currently working on the Goo Girl, but she'll take a bit. In the interim I went ahead and did a run-through of the Naga.

Wahn already expanded the naga, from what I can tell, so a lot of my work is some trivial tweaking and improvements to the existing content and how it's executed. Easy thing.

I also apparently need a crash course in what a bad merge is. I went ahead and fixed the latex fox's errors following it.
Blue Bishop

Postby Blue Bishop » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:49 pm

Goo Girl update is in.

This particular encounter is interesting as it's clearly an attempt in the earlier years of the game to experiment with how sex functions; however, by this point it's wildly inconsistent with anything else out there.

Subsequently, all its old content has been augmented and reassigned to player victory content, and operates under pre-established rules therein. A new set of scenes have been made for player loss. Beyond that, a number of touch-ups and fixes have been applied to other areas.

There should be one more overhaul in the queue here. I'm sure it'll be a howling good time!
Blue Bishop

PreviousNext

Return to Dev Chat