German Shepherd

German Shepherd

Postby ssm0use » Tue May 03, 2016 2:54 am

Read the entry about the new behavior of the German Shepherd and the special one so I submitted multiple times to see what would happen. The part about him becoming the Alpha worked fine. The next time I ran into him I automatically submitted.

However, on the next run in with a non special German Shepherd I got the spinning pin wheel of death as I'm playing on a mac laptop. I'm using Firefox and tried to let the script continue several times, but the game seemed to freeze. As I was able to login to the forum immediately after, I don't think I have any kind of connection issue going on. If you have some kind of logging going on, the event happened at about 5:46 AM EST.

I tried it again just to be sure and the script must have an endless loop going on. It'll continue to run until it uses up nearly all the memory on my laptop and then the game will signal and out of memory error. I have 8 GB of RAM and I can watch it drain down to about 1 GB before getting the out of memory error.

cheers

btw ... if there's a better place to note odd behavior in the game, please let me know. I want to follow the best practices of the forum and do what little I can to help.
ssm0use

Re: German Shepherd

Postby Lithophene » Thu May 12, 2016 3:48 pm

You should probably direct any bugs/errors you find over to this thread over here. It honestly gets a lot more traffic over there.
Lithophene

Re: German Shepherd

Postby ssm0use » Mon May 23, 2016 4:36 pm

Thanks I'll remember to do that from now on.

- mouse
ssm0use

Return to Dev Chat