Trying to Set Up Build Environment

Re: Trying to Set Up Build Environment

Postby Wahn » Fri May 19, 2017 10:43 pm

To successfully compile FS one does need an updated compiler file for Inform. Try poking Nuku for it, as the improved compiler is not available yet in a public update by the Inform team.

As for the files, you basically grab the zip from the hub and unpack it into the Extensions folder. That should put everything where it needs to be. Oh, and then you grab the story.ni and put it in "Inform\Projects\Flexible Survival.inform\Source" and move the Figures folder to "Inform\Projects\Flexible Survival.materials\Figures"
Wahn

Postby Gryphbear » Tue May 23, 2017 11:56 am

How would I go about poking Nuku? Via PM, or another Thread on here that I think I saw about requesting the updated Patch?
Gryphbear

Postby Dasypygal » Tue May 23, 2017 6:51 pm

Gryphbear wrote:How would I go about poking Nuku? Via PM, or another Thread on here that I think I saw about requesting the updated Patch?

Same question here. I tried cutting some content to get a compile, but everything is really interconnected, it became increasingly nonviable.
Dasypygal

Postby Wahn » Wed May 24, 2017 1:19 pm

Try sending a PM to "nukuv". I hope he'll reply to you before long...
Wahn

Postby Gryphbear » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:53 pm

Hrm. I sent him a PM about a week ago - and still - haven't heard anything. But my question now is - why is the patched Inform 7 supposed to be kept under lock and key? I get that one of the reasons 'probably' is because of the official site not having the patch yet in their current builds, but...
Gryphbear

Postby Wahn » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:55 pm

Here is the compiler file, delivered by Nuku:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxUh1i ... =drive_web
Wahn

Previous

Return to Dev Chat