Messorem Project: The Xeno Hive

Re: Messorem Project: The Xeno Hive

Postby TigerStripes » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:25 pm

I'm not sure I quite follow your explanation, but it seems you've got some kind of sequence. That said, I'm not sure your numbers for X are 100% correct. You often seem to be saying stuff like 'if yes, X = 3; if no, X + 1' but increasing X by one from its previous value would make it 3, resulting in the same value for both outcomes. Just keep an eye on them as you're working things out.

Things are somewhat clearer now in regards to Xera and Xoor, as I thought they came into the picture when the player agreed to sex with her. It's unfortunate the corruption of the offspring had to be dropped as it's a very intense level of transformation fetish, but making it compatible with the various other scenarios would complicate the work. We can revisit the possibility later, but leaving it for now will let work focus on main stuff first.

As I'd mentioned before, the player should probably get an altered version of the Xeno infection and not a specific Xeno Queen infection. There's a couple of reasons for this:
- Any offspring the player has would have the chance of being part of wholly 'Xeno Queen', which would get confusing if Xera and Xoor are supposed to be the successor offspring.
- The code for the game could get confused in some subroutines when searching for 'Xeno' and select the 'Xeno Queen' if it comes along it first.
- Conversion of the player from Xeno to Xeno Queen would be simple, only requiring that the variable affecting which is aspect is shown be set.
- Any further infection by Xeno would result in the Xeno Queen messages and description, saving a lot of trouble with that aspect and preventing potential conflicts.
- Players would not be able to saveword hack to get the Xeno Queen form without the quest, preventing possible errors and conflicts there as well.
- You can see an examples of this in the Female Husky with the Latex Husky alternate form or in the Feline with the Feline Matron alternate form. The stuff you've already got made for the transformation and infection can be kept from your Xeno Queen by adding them in a similar manner.
TigerStripes

Postby Messorem » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:05 am

I'm sorry for any confusion in my post prior to this one as i have accidentally lost my comment and in my haste to retype it the sequence of X got a little wonky and changed from to X1 to X, when you refuse to Xanaria in response to the fucking it is supposed to be X + 2 and that would put X to 4 which will have you fight her and the rest have been discussed. All references to "X" will be changed to X1 as the children will share a similar sequence.

The corruption of the children will still be a feature and it will have sort of the same sequence as I did with Xanaria and they are as follows, Xera is X2 and Xoor is X3 but it wont be distinguished in the present post as whoever's variable and the text in brackets will be shown at the end of their "look description" and comedy is implied:
* X? = 0 : haven't talked yet (You know you really should stop staring at your nude child and start talking with him/her, what are you some kind of pervert?)
* X? = 1 : Innocent (He/She goes about life with a happy attitude and seem to not notice the sexual world outside.)
* X? = 2 : playful (It would seem that your efforts have paid off as he/she seems to be flaunting themselves more whenever you're in the room, even bending over at times.)
* X? = 3 : open (He/She has opened up to their love towards you and will often ask of you if you could stay around a bit longer)
* X? = 4 : lustfully obscene (He/She seems to be offering themselves up to you almost all the time as he/she seeks your attention and will often grope you in places as he/she walks by)
X? will advance only if the player wishes to take the relationship further with a Y/N prompt at the end of each fuck scene as the scenes will change in accordance to their variables.

Let me get this straight, you want to introduce a new variable to the game which will be only be used in accordance to the xeno transformations which as an example will be like this:
XV = 1 - normal xeno
XV = 2 - Queen xeno
And in the event of the player getting xeno infections while XV = 2 then instead of the normal xeno transformation scenes the game will show the queen transformations and the description in the "look me" or PISM command and will also try to get the players 'parts' to their sizes and numbers, in the event of this being the case then the variable will be changed from 1 to 2 as soon as the player agreed to fuck Xanaria at the end of the fight and then all subsequent xeno infections will change you to the queen and then the xeno endings will also be subject to this variable and will then show their respective selves in the end game description, though i think that i might have to change the endings regarding the queen to be able to be compatible with the rest of the events regarding the NPCs.

If the above statement is the truth of what your idea presents then I see no complications concerning the Infection, although i'm still worrying about the coding in the template and if i should change if there is indeed something wrong with it?
Messorem

Postby TigerStripes » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:29 pm

Xeno TF variable:
You've mostly got it. As soon as that variable is changed, if the player is a Xeno, they'll start showing the new description data. They won't need to be reinfected for it to appear, since it's always there, waiting for its opportunity. Like with the Feline Matron sub-form, you'll need to manually change any of the numerical stat such as the values for the organ sizes within the infection and assign these new values for the first time on the player. The player's description points are assigned from these entry values at the time of infection and their PISM data is drawn from their current size values, so no changes need to be made to how either of those function. Their infection name will still be Xeno, but they'll be in the queen form of it. The ending could be controlled by this variable, or simply provide the changes based on the X? variable above. X? would be the variable saved in the saveword, as XV would come into effect after X? has crossed a certain threshold.

Generally, you'd be able to simply include these in the various table entry positions like this:
Code: Select all
   now face entry is "[if XV is 1]a thin elongated skull that curves backwards towards the top.  Your eyes are large black orbs encased in sunken sockets.  You have no gums and your teeth are silvery, long, straight, and densely packed in several rows.  Behind your first mouth is a second smaller mouth able to extend out atop your black tongue.  This smaller mouth has smaller, but equally fearsome, razor-sharp teeth[otherwise]<xeno queen face>[end if]";

But for several of the entries of the Xeno infection, they already contain conditional information, so you'll have to make a separate say-statement to populate them to avoid nested if statements.
   now body entry is "[xenobodydesc]";

to say xenobodydesc:
    if XV is 1:
        say "large, but oddly enough you can see your [skin] fold around your ribs and bones as it all forms into an exoskeleton[if the player is not xenoskinned] just beneath your taut skin[end if].  Your animal-like body has hints of feminine curves and wide, bony hips[if breasts of player > 0 and breast size of player > 5].  Your breasts, heavy with milk, leak a green acid with each bounce[end if][if player is xenoskinned and breasts of player > 0].  You easily notice green blood vessels and veins running along your breasts and converging on your nipples[end if].  Your long, thin arms and legs bend in odd places and you're able to walk both upright and on all fours, moving surprisingly silently despite your hard claws.  From your back grow breathing tubes that take in air for you[if cunts of player > 0 and cocks of player > 0 and the player is xenococked].  Your cock extends out like a hard, phallic probe with squirming, inch-long tendrils at its tip.  Encircled by these is a wet, vaginal opening to complete your ovipositor.  You thankfully have a normal, [cunt size desc of player] pussy beneath your cock as well, allowing you to enjoy a good fucking as well[otherwise if cunts of player > 0 and the player is xenococked].  Your [cunt size desc of player] juicy pussy has a quartet of inch-long, squirming tendrils around it that rub constantly against your folds, feeling wonderfully stimulating and making you crave a good fucking to fill it[otherwise if cocks of player > 0 and the player is xenococked].  Your cock extends out like a hard, phallic probe with squirming, inch-long tendrils at its tip.  These rub against your glans and cumslit, keeping you aroused and eager to find a wet hole to fill[end if]";
    otherwise:
        say "<xeno queen body desc>";

You probably won't need to alter the existing endings much for cases where the player has not encountered the hive. They simply run rampant on their own in that case. If they've had contact with the hive, then you can make other variations if you'd like. Once they're a queen though the endings will definitely need to change. Please remember that a surviving player will need to be rescued and extracted by the military, be (eventually) cleared and allowed out of quarantine to set up some new life. This is necessary to minimize conflicts with the other ending add-ons which might also show up from NPCs, pets, etc.

NOTE: Your variable names of X, X2, X3 and XV should only be placeholders during the discussion period. You'll want proper variable names that won't accidentally be replicated elsewhere. I'd recommend you use 'hp of Xanaria/Xera/Xoor' and some other variable name for the transformation one.
TigerStripes

Postby Messorem » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:02 am

Understood, I will now try to make a complete version of this in 1-3 days, then let you or somebody else who is proficient in coding have a look at it and let me know if something is wrong.

By the way, the part when you make a weapon where it states (It has a weapon "[one of] a [or] b [or] c [at random]"), is that when you declare what it will say when you initiate an attack sequence?

And can the organ sizes and number of organs be influenced by the variable that we discussed earlier?
if XV = 2:
now breasts entry is 12;
otherwise:
now breasts entry is 8;
Messorem

Postby TigerStripes » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:35 pm

When you successfully make an attack, that text value will be substituted into this (or a similar) declaration:
You [one of]strike with[or]attack with[or]use[or]abuse with[at random] [weapon of player], hitting [name entry] for [special-style-2][dam][roman type] damage!

with [weapon of player] being replaced by the 'weapon' text string of the armament being used. As such, you'll need to be careful of your wording for your gauntlet's attacks. The system is designed for the name (or various descriptive names) of the weapon to go there.

As for the size and number of organs, it cannot be done that way. All those 'now ...' are the game populating a humongous table with every creature in the game and all their data at the moment the game starts. You need to instead edit that table with the new values.
TigerStripes

Postby Messorem » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:31 am

What is the easiest way to initiate the waiting timer for NPCs after you've fucked them, I have checked the templates but each one of them is confusing and each has a different type of sequence?
Messorem

Postby Wahn » Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:30 am

Instead of fucking the NPCNAME:
   if (lastfuck of NPCNAME - turns < 6): [not fucked in the last 6 turns]
      say "     As you approach NPCNAME, he sees the lusty glint in your eyes and shakes his head. 'Sorry, I need a break for a bit,' he says, then adds with a grin, 'Not everyone is a tireless sex maniac, you know.'";
   otherwise:
      say "     You walk over to NPCNAME, who immediately starts smiling as she sees the lust-filled twinkle in your eyes. Throwing his arms around you, he chuckles, 'Oh, this is going to be fun!'";
      say "[line break]";
      say "[NPCNAMESexMenu]";
Wahn

Postby Messorem » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:07 am

Thanks, i've noticed that the queen bee infection doesn't change your genital sizes, how is this done 'cause maybe the xeno infection can be modified to to the same?
Messorem

Postby TigerStripes » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:17 pm

Messorem wrote:Thanks, i've noticed that the queen bee infection doesn't change your genital sizes, how is this done 'cause maybe the xeno infection can be modified to to the same?

To do that, you'll want to alter the 'sex entry' for the Xeno infection when the Xeno Queen infection is to become activated to be "nochange".
TigerStripes

Postby Messorem » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:58 am

Sorry for the delay guys but I got caught up and it delayed work for a few hours and will sadly not post the full file at this moment but very soon, I am however reporting on what is finished so far as it is about 70% done.

All mentioned are finished:
*All variables and everyturn rule whilst in the hive
*Event of saving Celia
*Hive rooms
*Weapon and armor
*Celia
*Xanaria
*New Xeno template that shows the queen variations and changes if the variable states that you are the queen
(Just a slightly edited version of Stripes' Xeno and can be adjusted if Stripes saw it fit as it is his brainchild after all)

Things that still need to be done:
*Xera
*Xoor
*captives (for all those bondage enthusiasts, they can be found in the nurseries and are just for fun and will in no way influence anything in the game other than being mentioned in the rooms and put in as NPCs and being talkable and fuckable)
* and last but not least, endings
Messorem

PreviousNext

Return to Dev Chat