Current Ideas Shack

Current Ideas Shack

Postby critic » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:49 am

So for my first possible submission, I had an idea for a creature to increase the number of monsters in the Sealed Laboratory. It would be a mechanical drone that was previously used to capture subjects for scientific experimentation. However ever since the nanite infection, while it still keeps its purpose the drone has become a kinky lab in itself and hunts for people to experiment on.

I'm working on the source file but my current concept has the combat mixed with different subject suppression techniques, i.e different attacks that subdue the player. If the player is defeated or submits, the creature shifts to a bound state scenario in which the player has kinky science forced upon them. Any thoughts?
critic

Re: Current Ideas Shack

Postby Wahn » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:12 am

Unethical sexual experiments? Sure, why not. But please note that this has to be a corruption of the drone and lab, not its intended purpose. The Trevor Labs got lots of money to develop biological attack drones (complete with control chips implanted) and mind control - among other things. The typical supervillain stuff, but nothing specifically sexual. That came later, when the nanites interacted with all the horrors in the deep tunnels. One exception might be a perverted researcher setting up his own little... side project in secret, using an empty storage room, maybe grabbing a man or woman from the innocent decoy workers above one night...
Wahn

Postby Wahn » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:26 am

What experiments were you thinking of? Sexually harvesting cum/eggs for storage? Artificial insemination? Depositing eggs/tentacle larva inside the player? Injecting/feeding all kinds of stuff (mpreg serum/aphrodisiac/other drugs and effects)? Testing the `responsiveness' of the player with the drone`s own now animated/alive genitals? Introducing other captives to watch you breed?
Wahn

Postby TigerStripes » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:52 pm

This sounds like a good idea, but there's a few issues. Firstly, you're treading into the territory of both alt attacks and bound states, both of which are advanced level coding - the bound state system extremely so. While I have no problem with you wanting to create this project, I very strongly recommend that you start with a couple of simpler things first to get a feel for coding in Inform and for FS in particular.

That aside, I am curious as well as to what sort of sexual experimentation this creature will be doing. Given that it's an inanimate drone and not a living creature, I'd recommend that it not be infectious directly, though some of its experiments might involve introducing a (semi-)random nanite sample into the player to observe the effects.
TigerStripes

Postby critic » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:12 pm

I'm quite aware of the difficulty of what I'm attempting to do and thank you for the advice. I think I'll start it out with something simple and tack on the advanced features later. And Wahn, all those ideas seem great but should I add tags later on to remove content people might not want to experience?
critic

Postby TigerStripes » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:03 pm

critic wrote:I'm quite aware of the difficulty of what I'm attempting to do and thank you for the advice. I think I'll start it out with something simple and tack on the advanced features later. And Wahn, all those ideas seem great but should I add tags later on to remove content people might not want to experience?

Saving the bound state and alt attack stuff for later will also work. That said, if you wanted to use an existing alt attack on your new critter, that's super easy. It's making new ones when things get trickier. Some of the experiments might be covered under existing preference settings and so you can use those to regulate whether or not players will receive them. As for others, I'm trying to think of ways to gate it w/o breaking the scene's mood.
TigerStripes

Postby critic » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:32 pm

Here's the bare bones of what I've written up, I think I messed up something by trying to submit it on Github. Also had problems uploading the file when the site disallowed extension i7x
Attachments
Capture Drone.zip
(3.71 KiB) Downloaded 894 times
critic

Postby Wahn » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:57 pm

The hub is really more for finished files that are ready for integration in the game. Just post your WIPs here...
Wahn

Return to Dev Chat