A Few Ideas to Run By You All

Re: A Few Ideas to Run By You All

Postby Blue Bishop » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:55 pm

enigmaMystere wrote:Thank you for the help with that! ^^ There's one thing I'm still unsure of, though... when Anthony tells the player about Selena, would that be in the Farm file with Anthony, or Selena's file?

The document says: Version 1 of Selena by enigmaMystere starts here.

So it's: Include Selena by enigmaMystere.
Blue Bishop

Postby enigmaMystere » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:04 pm

Blue Bishop wrote:
enigmaMystere wrote:Thank you for the help with that! ^^ There's one thing I'm still unsure of, though... when Anthony tells the player about Selena, would that be in the Farm file with Anthony, or Selena's file?

The document says: Version 1 of Selena by enigmaMystere starts here.

So it's: Include Selena by enigmaMystere.

I was referring to whether the option to introduce Selena to the player goes in the former file or the latter file. Wahn gave me an answer to that, though.
enigmaMystere

Postby enigmaMystere » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:24 am

This is what I have for Selena the Savannah cat. It's nowhere near complete, but I hope it gets across what I'm wanting to do with the character. :)
Attachments
Selena.rar
(4.18 KiB) Downloaded 964 times
enigmaMystere

Postby Wahn » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:05 pm

Looks pretty well laid out - I'm really looking forward to seeing those adventures with Selena :)

Okay, now looking over the file:

- You still had AmyDesc in there...
- Selena isn't an infection - so you can't add her to the lists. If you let her be infectious in some way (maybe drinking her own milk or so?), then you'd add this:
Code: Select all
when play begins:
   add { "Savannah Cat" } to infections of girl;
   add { "Savannah Cat" } to infections of furry;
   add { "Savannah Cat" } to infections of Felinelist;

- Classical formatting is to have five blanks at the start of each paragraph
- There is no need to define a LastSelenafucked - we had that in older npcs, but now every NPC has a "lastfuck of X" value predefined.

Here's a version where I've nudged things a bit to follow the points laid out above:
Selena.rar
(4.29 KiB) Downloaded 956 times
Wahn

Postby Xenophiliac » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:53 pm

This is what I have for Selena the Savannah cat. It's nowhere near complete, but I hope it gets across what I'm wanting to do with the character.

Man this looks pretty awesome. Can't wait to see what you do with it :D
Man ideas are weird.
Xenophiliac

Postby Wahn » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:09 pm

Xenophiliac wrote:
This is what I have for Selena the Savannah cat. It's nowhere near complete, but I hope it gets across what I'm wanting to do with the character.

Man this looks pretty awesome. Can't wait to see what you do with it :D

By the way, she's another char that might possibly benefit from some collar to be bought in the mall. A spiky one for the wolf variant, a silken collar for a tamer one maybe...
Wahn

Postby enigmaMystere » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:33 pm

Wahn wrote:By the way, she's another char that might possibly benefit from some collar to be bought in the mall. A spiky one for the wolf variant, a silken collar for a tamer one maybe...

I was actually thinking about that. She could be given a collar to lock her into one mindset or the other. It would be given during her teen stage, during or after her confession, and keep her at one extreme or the other.

Also, how do I do that scene with her and Corbin when she's wild? :?
Last edited by enigmaMystere on Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
enigmaMystere

Postby Xenophiliac » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:34 pm

By the way, she's another char that might possibly benefit from some collar to be bought in the mall. A spiky one for the wolf variant, a silken collar for a tamer one maybe...

Reeeaaaallllll subtle :lol:
Man ideas are weird.
Xenophiliac

Postby enigmaMystere » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:12 am

Okay, so I have expanded my thoughts on the ideas from before:

The pegasus girl is named Skye. She says she came to look for her boyfriend, but is actually looking for her father.

The dog is named Jack, and the zebra (no longer a doe) is named Morgan. They are at odds because the former's daughter was once in a relationship with the latter, but it ended because she had to move away for college. They will each ask the player to help them best the other (possibly by any means necessary). One such method is by music, or, more specifically, mind-influencing songs. (Part of me wonders if we're allowed to reference actual songs in the game, as I have a good song in mind for this.)

Jack is a yellow canine with black eyes, wearing dress pants and a shirt featuring a cartoon character similar in appearance to him. He runs a thrift shop where one can buy old games, clothes, busted equipment, and stuff like that. He likes to tinker and is a generally friendly fellow, so you could possibly bring him items to look at to increase his trust in you.

Morgan is a female zebra with a mohawk, and she wears a zebra-skin jacket that barely covers her breasts (similar to this, but completely zebra skin instead of part leather https://img1.etsystatic.com/000/0/5476463/il_fullxfull.203956399.jpg), a black t-shirt under that, and skin-tight pants that reach the middle of her shin. She runs a Hot Topic, full of accessories - earrings, hats, belts, lanyards, wallets, headphones - music, clothing based off TV shows, some that is not, and other trendy items. She can be stubborn, but she does her best despite being nineteen years old. She will be wary if the player is both a horsemorph and male, as she prefers the company of females, having once been a guy.

Please tell me what you think, and if anything should be improved! ^^
enigmaMystere

Postby Wahn » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:46 am

enigmaMystere wrote:Plans

All very nice ideas. I think you can call yourself an official FS writer now - you fulfill the qualification of "bubbling with ideas for things to write, time enough for about a third of it" ;)
Wahn

PreviousNext

Return to Dev Chat