Mpreg Platypus?

Mpreg Platypus?

Postby qwertyman20 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:47 pm

So the critter I was poking around with ideas for is a duck-billed platypus with Mpreg as an enemy. A few questions popped into my head that maybe someone could help me with:

1) Is there a way to make it only show up for people who have the Touched by Madness feat, so that if the infection were to make you Mpreg as well, it wouldn't hit those who don't want to be Mpreg, etc.?

2) I looked through the tags on the Template, but it doesn't fit into anything there besides guy and furry, being such an oddity. Is there some tags I should use besides those?

3) I was also wondering if there was a way for you to earn the Mpreg feat from them, or more likely, have a temporary Mpreg while you have the infection? I realize that the second option might require a whole mess of coding, but I may be overlooking some way to code it just inside the creature "function" (If that is the right word)

If I have any other thoughts or questions on this topic, I'll add them to this topic. I'd love to hear what you guys think!

(Also, if I am stepping on someone's toes by making a platypus for SP, and you/they had the idea first, I can always come up with something new and original.)
qwertyman20

Re: Mpreg Platypus?

Postby Wahn » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:10 pm

Sounds interesting :)

3) Yes, you can add feats to the player. I`d recommend only doing so if the player is fully infected and/or submits to a platypus. Since Medea can turn the feat off again or just make the player infertile, you won`t have to worry too much about anyone getting `stuck` with a feat they do not like.

Example code from the orcs:
Code: Select all
      if bodyname of player is "Orc Breeder" and player is pure and "MPreg" is not listed in feats of player:
         say "     [line break]";
         say "     You feel something change deep inside you, as all the cum the orc filled you with completes your transformation to a real orc breeder. You'll now be able to be impregnated through anal sex. The [']MPreg['] feat has been added to your list.";
         add "MPreg" to feats of player;

1) As said above, just put the mpreg at the end of complete infection, that should give ample opportunity for players to find another shape before it happens .
Wahn

Postby qwertyman20 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:39 pm

So in the code, after the loss pieces of code for male, female, and neuter, like this?

to say losetotemplate:
   say "     You were beaten by the creature.";
   if cocks of player > 0:
     say "     Additional paragraph for a male/herm player.";
   otherwise if cunts of player > 0:
     say "     Additional paragraph for a female player.";
   otherwise:
     say "     Additional paragraph for a neuter player.";
   if bodyname of player is "Platypus" and player is pure and "MPreg" is not listed in feats of player:
         say "     [line break]";
         say "     You feel something tingling in your belly as it grows warm. You put your hands on your belly, the thought clicking in your head. You can now become pregnant through anal sex, much like the platypus who did this to you. [']Mpreg['] has been added to your list of feats. ";
         add "MPreg" to feats of player;

Also, I'm thinking to add as a side project or something to tack on with Touched by Madness or something, a way for the player to be permanently pregnant with platypus eggs, every time they lay them, there's another batch ready to go, similar to the lizard girl. But I'll tackle that after I get a basic critter down and have a chance to look through the code a bit more to understand more of the game's machanics.

Thanks for your help!
qwertyman20

Postby TigerStripes » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:48 am

qwertyman20 wrote:<platypus with Mpreg>

1) Is there a way to make it only show up for people who have the Touched by Madness feat, so that if the infection were to make you Mpreg as well, it wouldn't hit those who don't want to be Mpreg, etc.?

Noo... umm... yes, but it'd require activating the creature when the player obtains the feat (either via Velos or selecting the feat). You'd create the creature as normal, but initially set the 'area entry' to "nowhere" and set the 'non-infectious entry' to 'true'. When it comes time to activate the creature, you change those two entries to release the creature. Given the special lock below requiring full Platypus before you gain MPreg, it might not be necessary. That way players can enjoy the Platypus even if they don't gain the Touched by Madness feat to trigger MPreg.

2) I looked through the tags on the Template, but it doesn't fit into anything there besides guy and furry, being such an oddity. Is there some tags I should use besides those?
Currently, 'humorous' is generally used for such extreme oddballs, though it might be worthwhile to consider breaking it up into two groups. We'd have to be careful of what we lump into oddity, as lots in the game could be considered as such. Also, a review of ban-blocked events and quests would also be needed. Not to be done lightly. As well, with the proposed requirements, it may not be necessary to block the critter - though the actual content would partially determine this.

3) I was also wondering if there was a way for you to earn the Mpreg feat from them, or more likely, have a temporary Mpreg while you have the infection? I realize that the second option might require a whole mess of coding, but I may be overlooking some way to code it just inside the creature "function" (If that is the right word)

Hmmm... earning the feat from them is possible (as shown by Wahn) and limiting it to only once the player's fully infected works well. Making it a function of whether or not the player has the Platypus infection would be possible, but would require a whole lot of careful adjustments throughout the source code and many extensions - while not impossible, it's too complex for a new coder and far too much work for something this specific. Stick with the current working suggestion. As mentioned above, if TbM were also made a requirement for gaining MPreg via the Platypus, then there's less need to exclude it for 'player protection'.

Also, I'm thinking to add as a side project or something to tack on with Touched by Madness or something, a way for the player to be permanently pregnant with platypus eggs, every time they lay them, there's another batch ready to go, similar to the lizard girl. But I'll tackle that after I get a basic critter down and have a chance to look through the code a bit more to understand more of the game's mechanics.

I believe that is managed by a specialized heat for the Lizard Girl and that'd probably be the easiest way to manage it here as well. It'd require a little fiddling around and a heat like this isn't a starter-level project, but it wouldn't be too tricky once you've gotten some practice.

As an added note, the Platypus should probably used the [ovichance], [movichance] and/or [fovichance] subroutines instead of the usual 'impregchance' ones.
TigerStripes

Postby qwertyman20 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:20 am

TigerStripes wrote:As an added note, the Platypus should probably used the [ovichance], [movichance] and/or [fovichance] subroutines instead of the usual 'impregchance' ones.

I don't quite know what those are, but I'm more than happy to learn. :D

Other than that, I'm just going to write out the creature, then see what I can successfully add to it, and what I can do to make it a successful part of the game.
qwertyman20

Postby Wahn » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:26 am

qwertyman20 wrote:
TigerStripes wrote:As an added note, the Platypus should probably used the [ovichance], [movichance] and/or [fovichance] subroutines instead of the usual 'impregchance' ones.

I don't quite know what those are, but I'm more than happy to learn. :D

Well, a Platypus lays eggs, so you can have em impregnate the player with eggs instead of living young - the "ovi" is for oviposition.
Wahn

Postby qwertyman20 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:37 pm

I've been trying to test run my code, but I've gotten a few errors in the code that I didn't write.
It didn't know what to do with these two lines of code:
Use maximum text length of at least 2000.
Use Scoring.

And it has an issue with these lines of code if I comment out those two.
say ".  Due to its comparatively [if scalevalue of player > objsize of weapon object of player]small[otherwise]big[end if] size, it is [if absolute value of ( scalevalue of player - objsize of weapon object of player ) > 3]very unwieldy[otherwise if absolute value of ( scalevalue of player - objsize of weapon object of player ) is 3]rather unwieldy[otherwise]somewhat unwieldy[end if] for you to use at the moment";

if the absolute value of ( scalevalue of player - objsize of x ) > 1, yes;

I'm probably not on the right settings or have it right, and I don't know enough about the whole code yet to know how to fix that.

I'd love some feedback, if someone knows what I'm breaking.
qwertyman20

Postby TigerStripes » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:03 am

qwertyman20 wrote:<Compiling issues>

It sounds like you're not using the most recent build of Inform, which has changed a few things, including the addition of an 'absolute value' function and some other revisions. Install the up to date version and you should be fine.
TigerStripes

Postby qwertyman20 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:36 pm

Here's a mostly finalized project, too much later than I'd have liked, but I'd love comments and critiques on it.
Attachments
Mpreg Platypus.rar
(9.43 KiB) Downloaded 909 times
qwertyman20

Return to Dev Chat