New Writer Submission

Re: New Writer Submission

Postby soul4hdwn » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:43 pm

punishment is due
soul4hdwn

Postby Blue Bishop » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:47 pm

Heavens, this is why our paddle mistress never sees me anymore (Among other things...). You make one too many bondage puns and somehow you're the bad guy now...
Blue Bishop

Postby Xenophiliac » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:03 pm

Heavens, this is why our paddle mistress never sees me anymore (Among other things...). You make one too many bondage puns and somehow you're the bad guy now...

There's only so many times she can break paddles on you before it becomes cost-prohibitive to continue seeing you.

--

So a combination of laziness and writer's block still have me not progressing with the damned gryphon, but I did write up the beginning of the bug man quest stuff.
Attachments
Egyptian Wing.rar
(13.81 KiB) Downloaded 823 times
Man ideas are weird.
Xenophiliac

Postby Wahn » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:09 pm

If you`re blocked, maybe just take a break and play a little... and if you try out the new stuff and give feedback, even better. ;)
Wahn

Postby Xenophiliac » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:29 pm

If you`re blocked, maybe just take a break and play a little... and if you try out the new stuff and give feedback, even better. ;)

Blocked with that damnable bird, at least. Gotta figure out one or two more talk scenes and how to introduce smut without being too jarring. Got stuff laid out for bug man though; are there two or three areas that could use an event? Got the basics of a fetch quest + some conclusion set up, just need spots for them.

And man I don't feel qualified to feedback stuff
Man ideas are weird.
Xenophiliac

Postby Xenophiliac » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:16 pm

Do all objects that have a "Use" ability associated with them disappear if the player uses them? I.E. is it necessary to add a remove <x> object command if the player uses the object?
Relatedly, is that what the temporary/permanent thing for all items is used for?
Man ideas are weird.
Xenophiliac

Postby boitin » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:27 am

How can I open rar files?
boitin

Postby Wahn » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:28 am

boitin wrote:How can I open rar files?

Use Rar: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WinRAR
...or Zip, I think that software should be able to deal with it too.
Wahn

Postby Xenophiliac » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:55 am

Went through and implemented the first half(?) of spooky bug-man quest; i.e. gather some stuff that went missing because magic. Hopefully ill get around to the second part tomorrow, but it might be put off till sunday/monday. One of the events is part of Sarokcat's old museum events, in an effort to shorten the event list. There are a few new events in the Egyptian Wing file, but if necessary i can go through and try to merge them with something. & if the edits to the museum events arent good to go, i can construct a separate event for it.
Attachments
Egyptian Wing.rar
(16.97 KiB) Downloaded 883 times
Museum Events.rar
(3.63 KiB) Downloaded 800 times
Man ideas are weird.
Xenophiliac

Postby TigerStripes » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:02 am

Xenophiliac wrote:Do all objects that have a "Use" ability associated with them disappear if the player uses them? I.E. is it necessary to add a remove <x> object command if the player uses the object?
Relatedly, is that what the temporary/permanent thing for all items is used for?

Yes, you can use 'temporary' and 'not temporary' to designate if an item will be automatically removed when the player uses the 'use <x>' command. Objects are temporary by default. If the object is not going to be a one-use item, be sure to set it as 'not temporary'.
TigerStripes

PreviousNext

Return to Dev Chat