New Writer Submission

Re: New Writer Submission

Postby Wahn » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:19 am

One thing that I'd think would be interesting to add to this store would be some collars. Maybe a silky soft one and a spiked collar?

@Stripes: What clothing slots do we have anyways? Just the head, body, weapon? Some extra slots could be used for useful items and quest rewards...
Wahn

Postby TigerStripes » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:44 am

Wahn wrote:One thing that I'd think would be interesting to add to this store would be some collars. Maybe a silky soft one and a spiked collar?

@Stripes: What clothing slots do we have anyways? Just the head, body, weapon? Some extra slots could be used for useful items and quest rewards...

Equipment comes with two variables that are relevant to this question - slot and placement.

Slot dictates the 'equipment slot' the item fills. These slots aren't from an assigned list, instead being a direct comparison with any already equipped items on the player's person. I believe there are currently three slots in use: "head", "body" and "shield", though there's a chance there's others. These slots are not restricted only to armour, but those are the only valid armour slots. By default, equipment has no specific slot, meaning it has no restriction and can be equipped freely without limit. If you want to make a "neck" or "collar" slot, simply give that value to your item. Doing so will mean that the player can only have one item with "neck" (or "collar") as its slot value worn at a time.

Placement dictates at what point in the player's description an item's descmod will appear. Currently, placement has one of 4 values, depending on where you want it to appear in a player's description, mixed in with the player's infection description elements. These are: "face", "body", "waist" and "end". There is no limit to the number of these which a player might have. They only dictate where the item appears in a player's description. If an item is given a placement different than these four, it will currently not appear in the player description, as the code is specifically searching for each of these placements to know which to show at each step. In the case of a collar, it should probably be given a placement of "face" so it appears after the player's head is described. Otherwise, give a placement of "end" if you'd prefer it be mentioned after the full description of the player's form.

Here's a breakdown of the order everything is displayed during the player's description.
<description start>
<skin of player>
<face of player>
"face" placement equipment, if any
<body of player>
"body" placement equipment, if any
"waist" placement equipment, if any
"Angie's Mate" special added desc, if applicable
<weapon object of player>
<tail of player>
"end" placement equipment, if any
<cock and/or cunt>
<breasts>
<pregnancy>
<children>
<pet>
TigerStripes

Postby Xenophiliac » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:37 pm

One thing that I'd think would be interesting to add to this store would be some collars. Maybe a silky soft one and a spiked collar?

Shit, that's a really good idea. Didn't even think of anything like that. Feel free to throw those in there if you're not busy/want to, otherwise it'd be no big deal for me to put them in there.

Slot dictates the 'equipment slot' the item fills. These slots aren't from an assigned list, instead being a direct comparison with any already equipped items on the player's person. I believe there are currently three slots in use: "head", "body" and "shield", though there's a chance there's others. These slots are not restricted only to armour, but those are the only valid armour slots. By default, equipment has no specific slot, meaning it has no restriction and can be equipped freely without limit. If you want to make a "neck" or "collar" slot, simply give that value to your item. Doing so will mean that the player can only have one item with "neck" (or "collar") as its slot value worn at a time.

Placement dictates at what point in the player's description an item's descmod will appear. Currently, placement has one of 4 values, depending on where you want it to appear in a player's description, mixed in with the player's infection description elements. These are: "face", "body", "waist" and "end". There is no limit to the number of these which a player might have. They only dictate where the item appears in a player's description. If an item is given a placement different than these four, it will currently not appear in the player description, as the code is specifically searching for each of these placements to know which to show at each step. In the case of a collar, it should probably be given a placement of "face" so it appears after the player's head is described. Otherwise, give a placement of "end" if you'd prefer it be mentioned after the full description of the player's form.

So it's just a matter of creating your own slot & making sure that equipment is placed in the right place. Sweet, shouldn't be a problem.
Man ideas are weird.
Xenophiliac

Postby Wahn » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:48 pm

Xenophiliac wrote:

Shit, that's a really good idea. Didn't even think of anything like that. Feel free to throw those in there if you're not busy/want to, otherwise it'd be no big deal for me to put them in there.

Oh, I'm always busy :roll: - especially now, with new writers to support in addition to my regular commissions. It'd be awesome if you could provide some nice collars - they'd provide interesting reactions when one tries to trade (put them on) an npc... I like having actual items to handle instead of a vaguer "you visited a pet shop at some time (and totally forgot about it), therefore you now have a collar for your pets when you talk to them weeks later".
Wahn

Postby Xenophiliac » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:05 pm

Oh, I'm always busy :roll: - especially now, with new writers to support in addition to my regular commissions. It'd be awesome if you could provide some nice collars - they'd provide interesting reactions when one tries to trade (put them on) an npc... I like having actual items to handle instead of a vaguer "you visited a pet shop at some time (and totally forgot about it), therefore you now have a collar for your pets when you talk to them weeks later".

That's pretty much what I figured. Is Andro/Pretty Kitty in the FS GitHub? I'll go through and add a few tonight or tomorrow and reupload the file in a post here if it isn't, otherwise i'll just throw a pull request up. I'm gonna finish up the big old nerd i'm working on for the Labs first.
Man ideas are weird.
Xenophiliac

Postby Xenophiliac » Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:59 am

Alright, here is third submission as a WIP. It's a spooky alien beast for the labs. The three loss scenes are the same structure, but changed as to submissive/not and whether or not one is a herm. All thats left for me to do is write player victory scenes and sane Outerling endings, which there will be less of. He's a level six nerd that is supposed to be more of a glass cannon, I.E. doing a lot of damage for his level and being a bit weaker in the health department.

For whatever reason, the loss scenes and the victory scene placeholders are switched, I.E. ingame, if the player loses, the victory scenes trigger, and if the player wins, the loss scenes occur. I've no idea whats going on with that, but its probably super obvious and im just too tired to see whats up with it. I think there is also an issue with the "PlayerSub" thing, but i dont completely know.

Ill hopefully get this finished tomorrow and figure out what the hell is going on with all these weird issues, and then add in collars for the clothing store. If im feeling up to it, i might include a separate HermSub loss scene, derivative of the other loss scenes.
Last edited by Xenophiliac on Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Man ideas are weird.
Xenophiliac

Postby Wahn » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:30 am

Xenophiliac wrote:For whatever reason, the loss scenes and the victory scene placeholders are switched, I.E. ingame, if the player loses, the victory scenes trigger, and if the player wins, the loss scenes occur. I've no idea
whats going on with that, but its probably super obvious and im just too tired to see whats up with it.

The simple fact is that you have mixed up the entries:
Code: Select all
   now defeated entry is "[PlayerDefeat]";
   now victory entry is "[PlayerVictory]";

That is the defeat OF the monster and the victory OF the monster. So for the defeated entry, the player is victorious, and for the victory entry, the player is the loser. Just switch the links to your functions.

-----
I'd hesitate to use such a very general descriptor: FeralDesc - there are many feral creatures in the game, the risk of accidentally using the wrong description is high...

-----
"or an escaped specimen that the researchers down here were working with." -> I'd rather say that they were working on that creature. Not with him as a colleague ;)

-----
"The creature's body is supported by six legs, walking on all of them like a wolf." -> how about "...six legs, which it uses in its quick, insect-like scuttling movements."

-----
This would mean multiple creatures: "protruding from the creatures back"
This (') means possessions: "protruding from the creature's back"
Wahn

Postby TigerStripes » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:38 am

Xenophiliac wrote:<Outerling>

Just as a quick head's up, according to Nuku there are to be no actual aliens or infections derived from true aliens in FS. This is why the Xeno are infected humans corrupted to resemble a popular movie monster. If you want your creature to be 'alien', it can perhaps actually be some kind of ancient extraplanar (magic) entity that's been corrupted or the result of experimentation between such material and humans that got out of hand when the infection struck. Other possibilities are also possible, just no actual aliens because Nuku says so.
TigerStripes

Postby Xenophiliac » Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:02 pm

That is the defeat OF the monster and the victory OF the monster. So for the defeated entry, the player is victorious, and for the victory entry, the player is the loser. Just switch the links to your functions.

-----
I'd hesitate to use such a very general descriptor: FeralDesc - there are many feral creatures in the game, the risk of accidentally using the wrong description is high...

-----
"or an escaped specimen that the researchers down here were working with." -> I'd rather say that they were working on that creature. Not with him as a colleague ;)

-----
"The creature's body is supported by six legs, walking on all of them like a wolf." -> how about "...six legs, which it uses in its quick, insect-like scuttling movements."

-----
This would mean multiple creatures: "protruding from the creatures back"
This (') means possessions: "protruding from the creature's back"

Yea, ill go through and fix that up. I figured it was something super obvious :/
And i continue to screw up goddamn apostrophes

Just as a quick head's up, according to Nuku there are to be no actual aliens or infections derived from true aliens in FS. This is why the Xeno are infected humans corrupted to resemble a popular movie monster. If you want your creature to be 'alien', it can perhaps actually be some kind of ancient extraplanar (magic) entity that's been corrupted or the result of experimentation between such material and humans that got out of hand when the infection struck. Other possibilities are also possible, just no actual aliens because Nuku says so.

Did not know that, ill go through and adjust the wording
Last edited by Xenophiliac on Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Man ideas are weird.
Xenophiliac

Postby Wahn » Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:06 pm

Xenophiliac wrote:

Did not know that, ill go through and adjust the wording

The two commandments from on high that I know are
1) No Aliens
2) Nanites can't 'uplift' animals to sentience (My suggestion is to do it through magic instead)
Wahn

PreviousNext

Return to Dev Chat