New Writer Checkin

Re: New Writer Checkin

Postby Wahn » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:48 pm

^^ Welcome. May I ask you to fill out the preferences questionnaire in the general section to see what specifically you prefer? I got some ideas for possible assingment, but want to know which might fit you...
Wahn

Postby Wahn » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:25 am

Everyone, please take a moment to fill out the preference questionnaire too, to show what you like and what to expect from you.
Wahn

Postby enigmaMystere » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:12 am

I'm getting into programming, and I've looked over several files from the game multiple times. I don't exactly have experience, but I can learn quickly.

I know it's not a kink, but I enjoy making characters that are both well-rounded and rich in background. I like to think of each one as a new life brought into the world.

Enjoys:
[*] Shape-shifters
[*] Mammalian furry characters (especially canines, felines, and equines)
[*] Avian furries
[*] Mythological creatures
[*] Dominant characters
[*] Submissive/pet characters
[*] Straight/Lesbian/Group sex
[*] Anal sex with females
[*] Milking scenes (cock or breasts)
[*] Gradual descent of a character to sluttiness
[*] Romantic scenes
[*] Rescues
[*] Petite females
[*] Big asses
[*] Pregnancy

Neutral:
[*] Reptilian furries
[*] Human-like characters
[*] Masochistic characters
[*] M/M sex
[*] Fighting scenes
[*] Big chests
[*] Big cocks

Avoids:
[*] Insectile furries
[*] Unbirthing
[*] Vore
[*] Watersports
[*] Scat
[*] Extreme Gore
[*] Sadistic characters
[*] Hyper-breasts/cocks/asses/pregnancies
[*] Demonic characters
[*] Death
[*] Macro/Micro

Anything else, I'd have to think about, as those are the ones off the top of my head.
enigmaMystere

Postby Wahn » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:52 am

enigmaMystere wrote:I know it's not a kink, but I enjoy making characters that are both well-rounded and rich in background. I like to think of each one as a new life brought into the world.

Great, some NPCs with a bit of depth to go with the sex are always nice to have. Any specific things you have ideas for? Just open up your own thread and lay them out for us, then we can discuss what might fit where and give tips how to implement it.

You can do what you want of course, but two locations that I think would benefit from additional NPCs are the mall (it's a whole mall after all, there should be lots going on there) and the farm. Especially a female or two for the farm - any type for the mall, really.
Wahn

Postby Andreus » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:38 pm

First time poster, long time player. I've been playing Flexible Survival since July of last year, and I'm certainly very interested in doing writing for it. I've been writing on and off for several years, and I have no concerns about my ability to deliver quality in that regard. On the other hand, althought I have some very meagre experience with Inform, that was years ago and it's probably best to treat me as a complete beginner.

My interests include, but are not limited to:
  • Bondage
  • Rubber encasement and envelopment
  • Hypnosis and brainwashing
  • Snakes/naga, particularly in relation to hypnosis, coiling and venom
  • Robots and other sentient machines
  • Canines
  • Equines
  • Domination and submission

Things I refuse to write are:
  • Scat
  • Mutilation or permanent injury
  • Snuff
  • Hard vore
Andreus

Postby copiusamountsofhate » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:49 am

Edit: I filled out the preferences questionnaire.

Hello!

I'm interested in becoming a small-time writer and coder for FS singleplayer. I have a bit of experience with java, and I've dug through countless Github pages on FS so I practically already understand how it works, and my talent with computer code and code logic should carry me through what I don't yet understand about Inform 7.

I have an adaptable writing style and impeccable grammar, though my conventions are centered around American English. I'm unsure about specific British English conventions, but I'm competent enough to understand where to insert the 'u' in 'color' or substitute 'z -> s' for 'antagonizing,' if it matters (I did notice that there had been some edits to some Github pages wherein, for example, the word 'color' was corrected to be 'colour').

I've been following Flexible Survival for some time now, and I'd very much like to contribute to it myself, free of charge :D

My Preferences:
  • M/M, M/H, M/F, H/H, H/F, & N/anything in descending(ish) order.
  • Anal and oral; then vaginal if applicable.
  • I prefer mammalians foremost, oddities (sand men, automatons, goo/gel creatures), and reptilians in descending(ish) order.
  • I prefer humanoids/anthropomorphic, intelligent creatures over feral creatures. I also got a thing for latex creatures of any order (non-infectious).
  • I've got a thing for alt vore, especially cv and a little ub.
  • Super kinky: docking with reptilians or cetaceans (things with slits), some frotting/mutual masturbation.
  • I prefer versatile characters over those who are either submissive or dominant (regardless of sex).
  • Very casual (and consensual, where applicable) approach to sex with as many options as possible

I will not do:
  • Forced submission (rapey, with the exception of player loss in combat).
  • Hard vore, scat, or farting (soft, non-fatal vore only).
  • Musk (I can only do very light, non-mind altering musk).
  • F/F.
  • M/F with F in full submission.
  • Full dominance or full submission in general.
  • Mind alteration (hypnosis, brainwashing).
  • Extremely infectious (see: Philip, mental mice).
  • Avians. I don't know, this one isn't all too set-in-stone. Maybe I find them a little icky.

If I'm accepted, I'd like my first project to be an addition to the Tanuki Quest reward. See: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7&start=270#p1769

I've followed the game for some time now and figure, since money is tight, that the best way to give back is to help develop it, and I'd very much like to start here. I appreciate your time and consideration greatly.

Edit: I'm pulling forward a favor so I can donate a few hours soon, since I'd like a bit of help navigating code concerning my prospective first project. I guess I'll throw a pm someone's way when things follow through?
Last edited by copiusamountsofhate on Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
copiusamountsofhate

Postby JakeWolf » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:28 pm

I'd love to join the team. Not sure where I could help out, and I need a bit of help learning how to code things for the game, but I'm up for adding quests, more content to the stables, NPC's, and anything else to make the game better. I have plenty of spare time so once I learn how to code I can get to work right away. Flexible Survival has helped me keep my sanity ironically enough so I feel like giving back to the game that's helped me out so much. Anyway guess that's everything and hope to be able to help out as soon as possible.
JakeWolf

Postby Cerv » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:34 pm

Hello,

I've always really liked both this game and writing, so I have to at least give this a try :P
I'm very interested in game design, and although I must admit the sexual aspects of this game have a special appeal to me, I also am an advocate for more literary flavors in games, including the sexy ones. ;)

As far as programming goes, I have to say I have limited knowledge of Inform or probably a lot of related things, but I do know a couple programming languages I use at least (C++ and Java specifically... the usual stuff >.<).
I also need to say that my schedule is highly erratic so it's possible I won't have quite as much free time as I think I do now, but I still would like to try.

As for preferences, I would also like to say that although some stuff may be less than appealing to me I can be flexible ;o

But here we go anyway:
As for sexual specimens, my personal philosophy is the less human, the better - with rodents being a special favorite of mine. I prefer mammals at least.
I also much prefer M/M or male-oriented material (I like taking turns ;p) and have a bit of an obsession with semen @_@ ... but that doesn't mean other genders don't have some good appeal to me.
Anal acts are also a special forte.

Some things I don't like include:
- Humans. (See also: primates of similar sorts)
- Vore, mutilation, or things that make sex basically torture (so a lot of BSDM - although that doesn't mean I can't write about this stuff in at least some way)
- I will draw the line at some of the more icky stuff (scat, etc.). That is the only thing I can think of that I will actually refuse to do. (The exception is WS - Watersports is fine)

... That all said, I still would be more than willing to go outside my normal comfort zone - that makes it more interesting, right?
I will fill out the preferences questionnaire shortly.

... There sure are a lot of people coming along now, aren't there? I hope it's not too many @_@
Cerv

Postby Wahn » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:37 pm

JakeWolf wrote:I'd love to join the team. Not sure where I could help out, and I need a bit of help learning how to code things for the game, but I'm up for adding quests, more content to the stables, NPC's, and anything else to make the game better. I have plenty of spare time so once I learn how to code I can get to work right away. Flexible Survival has helped me keep my sanity ironically enough so I feel like giving back to the game that's helped me out so much. Anyway guess that's everything and hope to be able to help out as soon as possible.

Sure thing, welcome - if you already have any specific ideas or questions, please open up a new thread in the dev section so we can have a look. Also, please fill out the Preferences Questionnaire in the General section so we know a little bit more about you.
Wahn

Postby Wahn » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:41 pm

Cerv wrote:Hello,

I've always really liked both this game and writing, so I have to at least give this a try :P
I'm very interested in game design, and although I must admit the sexual aspects of this game have a special appeal to me, I also am an advocate for more literary flavors in games, including the sexy ones. ;)

As far as programming goes, I have to say I have limited knowledge of Inform or probably a lot of related things, but I do know a couple programming languages I use at least (C++ and Java specifically... the usual stuff >.<).
I also need to say that my schedule is highly erratic so it's possible I won't have quite as much free time as I think I do now, but I still would like to try.

As for preferences, I would also like to say that although some stuff may be less than appealing to me I can be flexible ;o

But here we go anyway:
As for sexual specimens, my personal philosophy is the less human, the better - with rodents being a special favorite of mine. I prefer mammals at least.
I also much prefer M/M or male-oriented material (I like taking turns ;p) and have a bit of an obsession with semen @_@ ... but that doesn't mean other genders don't have some good appeal to me.
Anal acts are also a special forte.

Some things I don't like include:
- Humans. (See also: primates of similar sorts)
- Vore, mutilation, or things that make sex basically torture (so a lot of BSDM - although that doesn't mean I can't write about this stuff in at least some way)
- I will draw the line at some of the more icky stuff (scat, etc.). That is the only thing I can think of that I will actually refuse to do. (The exception is WS - Watersports is fine)

... That all said, I still would be more than willing to go outside my normal comfort zone - that makes it more interesting, right?
I will fill out the preferences questionnaire shortly.

... There sure are a lot of people coming along now, aren't there? I hope it's not too many @_@

Rodents and M/M? Perfect :) I always thought the mall could use more than three mall rat npcs - especially since they all hang together and you can only fuck one of them repeatedly. And from what I gathered, there is a significant population of mallrats too. So... wanna make us a studly male rattie to have fun with? There might be a little gang of mallrat guys, jostling for status and doing all kinds of stunts... think skateboards, leather jackets, proving your bravery in the dumbest way possible, etc. In the Nermine content I wrote, she turns one rat guy into a female since he was pestering her. Might have been a dare...

Of course, that's just a suggestion - if you already have any other specific ideas or questions, please open up a new thread in the dev section so we can have a look. Also, please fill out the Preferences Questionnaire in the General section so we know a little bit more about you.
Wahn

PreviousNext

Return to Dev Chat