Am I missing something?

Am I missing something?

Postby foxOmen » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:24 pm

I cannot figure out how to change my roles. I also have no idea what training skills does. I was wondering if anybody could tell me if I missed a clear and simple tutorial or if there is a manual other than +help when in direct control. The wiki does not seem to offer not much more than stats. I feel like this game really does not hold your and would be glad to learn some of the finer points of it. I stumbled upon this game a while ago whilst looking up an interactive fiction game archive and would very much like to enjoy playing this game fully.

In addition, is there any way to get rid of stupid perk decisions I made during character creation? :oops:

I thank you all for any form of help you can give

Sincerely yours,
Fox
foxOmen

Re: Am I missing something?

Postby Alvera » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:23 pm

For roles just type "+roles" to find out what roles you have and how to toggle roles on/off, if you want a list of roles you can find them in the wiki: http://wiki.flexiblesurvival.com/w/Roles

Training skills can improve your character's overall performances at the cost of experience points and freecreds: however it is advised that you get professions and wait a while before training skills. Professions allow you to perform jobs, which grant experience and freecreds at a faster rate than combat. For training and professions, it's best to use the Web-Interface: for professions go to "Character-Skills" and for training go to "Character-Training." It is also worth noting that you shouldn't train a skill above level 10, because that's when they become really expensive. The site is here: http://flexiblesurvival.com/

As for perk's: you get thirty free perk points after character creation as well, just go to (on the Web-Interface) "Character-Perks." You get about ten perk points to use freely, but after that the perks cost experience as well. As for perk removal, all players get two free perk removals: just use the "perks" command and you'll see a list of your perks. For perks, I'd recommend getting "Always be Prepared" (unless you're character can't use equipment) and "Matriarch" (if your character can get pregnant). However, if you're trying to get rid of flaws the only way to do that is to try a +request: which can be confusing in itself.

If you need any more help, you can ask people through the "Newbie" channel: just type "Newbie" before whatever you want to ask. Example: "Newbie how do I get pancakes?"
Alvera

Re: Am I missing something?

Postby foxOmen » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:20 pm

Thank you Alvera!
foxOmen

Return to General Chat