Potential contribution, W.I.P.

Re: Potential contribution, W.I.P.

Postby Wahn » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:54 pm

Better :) , but there's still a few spots that I spotted when reading through it:

Added in
Wrong tense
Delete

Like something out of an anime, it is a fully metallic robot crouched in a hand-to-hand combat stance. The metal creature's joints are too small to be used as armor, giving it away as being animated by the same nanites that were in everything these days.

Though the bottom half is covered in the stereotypical smooth metal mask, a visor right above had two glowing blue lights that must be its eyes. The outer parts of the helmet lack a lot of the ornamentation usually seen, though some paint on the right side just past the visor seems to be marking something.

Getting back up on his feet, the Shepherd launches into a series of attacks again, trying to overpower the robot and end the fight quickly.

Two sentences starting with "As" right after another - Some other wording would be good here:
" As the Shepherd is moved, almost gently, to be spread-eagled on the ground for easy access it seems obvious that the mecha has some means of penetration.

As the robot leans down to the back of the Shepherd, at this angle all you can see is the plates at it's crotch moving aside as a metallic penis slides into position."

A few more thrusts later and he buries his robotic manhood as deep as he can in his defeated lover, holding the furred body close as he obviously releases his metallic cum.
Wahn

Postby Insalius » Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:58 pm

As you continue your search through the city, the sound of combat catches your attention from a nearby alleyway. At first about to leave the potential trouble behind, the bestial snarling and barking from one of the canines roaming the streets combined with the ringing of steel piques your interest. It almost sounds like someone is wearing full metal armor as they fight the creature. Hoping for another survivor, you run to the side of the alley and peek in at the battle.

While your guess on the canine was correct, one of the German Shepherds to be exact, his opponent doesn't seem human at all. Like something out of an anime, it is a fully metallic robot crouched in a hand-to-hand combat stance. The metal creature's joints are too small to be used as armor, giving it away as being animated by the same nanites that is in everything these days. Though how a miniaturized mecha would be created of all things boggles the mind.

The German Shepherd suddenly strikes for the robot's head with a clawed hand, though the move seems anticipated. With the surprising agility seen in martial artists, the mecha grabs the incoming arm and uses its momentum to flip the canine onto it's back on the ground. It seems that, despite being made completely of metal, the robot possesses a range of movement that can only be attributed to the nanites' influence.

Having completed it's turn, you can see the metal warrior's face. Though the bottom half is covered in the stereotypical smooth metal mask, a visor right above has two glowing blue lights that must be its eyes. The outer parts of the helmet lack a lot of the ornamentation usually seen, though some paint on the right side just past the visor seem to be marking something. From the distance, though, it is unclear what the colors represent.

Getting back up on his feet, the Shepherd launches into a series of attacks again, trying to overpower the robot and end the fight quickly. Again, his actions seem anticipated as the mecha either deflects the blows or diverts them so the canine trips or runs into a nearby wall. The constant movement shows off the rest of the metallic warrior's armor, again oddly lacking in ornamentation which makes it seem of all things slender and smooth. Only what looks like extra panels of armor on the waist of the robot seem like they should be there, covering the crotch and rear especially well.

Any thought as to why leaves your mind quickly as the robot slams the canine against the wall one last time, dazing the creature and causing it to crumple to the ground completely helpless. Knowing what usually comes next, you wonder if the metallic warrior even has what is needed to take advantage of his fallen opponent. As the Shepherd is moved, almost gently, to be spread-eagled on the ground for easy access it seems obvious that the mecha has some means of penetration.

The robot leans down to the back of the Shepherd, a plate on it's crotch moving aside to let a metallic penis slide to attention. Clearly a male at the very least, the victor strokes the canine's fur almost lovingly as it slowly slides to bury it's steel cock completely inside. He pauses, letting the Shepherd adjust and to let it's whining subside a bit before starting to thrust. The mecha starts slow, moving the both of them as needed to make his defeated opponent more comfortable as he tries to find the right angles for thrusting.

It is refreshing to see a creature being gentle with his defeated adversary, knowing that if the roles were reversed the scene would be quite different. Before long the Shepherd is panting hard and growling, pushing back into each thrust as if craving even more of the metallic member pounding into him quicker and quicker. The mecha shifts slightly as he reaches around to stroke the canine's rock hard cock in time with each movement, trying to give his opponent the most pleasure he can.

With one final shift and thrust the metallic lover finds his mark, the Shepherd yelling as his orgasm sprays cum down the alley for an impressive distance. Seemingly not yet enough for him, the robot keeps thrusting into that same spot as his stroking intensifies, soon coaxing out another load of the canine seed. You can't see it's mask clearly but it almost seems like its reddened slightly, like a blush. Could a robot blush? It's definitely a question you never thought you'd ever ask yourself before.

The display goes on for nearly a half hour, the mecha painting the walls of the alley with his opponent's seed before he speeds up himself. A few more thrusts later and he buries his robotic manhood as deep as he can in his defeated lover, holding the furred body close as he obviously releases his metallic cum. He pulls the Shepherd into a tighter embrace, seemingly a cuddle, the other having obviously been so spent he's already passed out from the sheer amount of orgasms.

You take this time to sneak away, give the lovers some time to rest. While nothing about that encounter seems right to you, you chalk it up to the chaotic nature of your environment for making anything possible. You wonder if you'll see any more of the strange mecha warrior, at the very least he seems like he'd make an amazing lover if your paths ever cross.

Edits applied, with some changes as per the recommendations. I believe I got everything now, and if I have I'll definitely be using this as a template for further writing.
Insalius

Postby Wahn » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:01 am

Almost ;) - sorry to hit you up with these last three little typos:

"the same nanites that is in everything" -> nanites are plural (hope I didn't give you that typo in my edit)

"bury it's steel cock" -> It's is short for it is or it has. This is a 100% rule. It cannot be used for anything else. If you cannot expand it's to it is or it has, then it is wrong. (so you need to put in "its")

"the Shepherd adjust and to let it's whining subside" -> That would also have to be "its" - although since the doggie is male, how about using "his"?
Wahn

Postby Insalius » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:14 am

At least I know I'm getting closer, heh. Let's see if I can get it THIS time.

As you continue your search through the city, the sound of combat catches your attention from a nearby alleyway. At first about to leave the potential trouble behind, the bestial snarling and barking from one of the canines roaming the streets combined with the ringing of steel piques your interest. It almost sounds like someone is wearing full metal armor as they fight the creature. Hoping for another survivor, you run to the side of the alley and peek in at the battle.

While your guess on the canine was correct, one of the German Shepherds to be exact, his opponent doesn't seem human at all. Like something out of an anime, it is a fully metallic robot crouched in a hand-to-hand combat stance. The metal creature's joints are too small to be used as armor, giving it away as being animated by the ubiquitous nanites. Though how a miniaturized mecha would be created of all things boggles the mind.

The German Shepherd suddenly strikes for the robot's head with a clawed hand, though the move seems anticipated. With the surprising agility seen in martial artists, the mecha grabs the incoming arm and uses its momentum to flip the canine onto it's back on the ground. It seems that, despite being made completely of metal, the robot possesses a range of movement that can only be attributed to the nanites' influence.

Having completed it's turn, you can see the metal warrior's face. Though the bottom half is covered in the stereotypical smooth metal mask, a visor right above has two glowing blue lights that must be its eyes. The outer parts of the helmet lack a lot of the ornamentation usually seen, though some paint on the right side just past the visor seem to be marking something. From the distance, though, it is unclear what the colors represent.

Getting back up on his feet, the Shepherd launches into a series of attacks again, trying to overpower the robot and end the fight quickly. Again, his actions seem anticipated as the mecha either deflects the blows or diverts them so the canine trips or runs into a nearby wall. The constant movement shows off the rest of the metallic warrior's armor, again oddly lacking in ornamentation which makes it seem of all things slender and smooth. Only what looks like extra panels of armor on the waist of the robot seem like they should be there, covering the crotch and rear especially well.

Any thought as to why leaves your mind quickly as the robot slams the canine against the wall one last time, dazing the creature and causing it to crumple to the ground completely helpless. Knowing what usually comes next, you wonder if the metallic warrior even has what is needed to take advantage of his fallen opponent. As the Shepherd is moved, almost gently, to be spread-eagled on the ground for easy access it seems obvious that the mecha has some means of penetration.

The robot leans down to the back of the Shepherd, a plate on it's crotch moving aside to let a metallic penis slide to attention. Clearly a male at the very least, the victor strokes the canine's fur almost lovingly as it slowly slides to bury its steel cock completely inside. He pauses, letting the Shepherd adjust and to let his whining subside a bit before starting to thrust. The mecha starts slow, moving the both of them as needed to make his defeated opponent more comfortable as he tries to find the right angles for thrusting.

It is refreshing to see a creature being gentle with his defeated adversary, knowing that if the roles were reversed the scene would be quite different. Before long the Shepherd is panting hard and growling, pushing back into each thrust as if craving even more of the metallic member pounding into him quicker and quicker. The mecha shifts slightly as he reaches around to stroke the canine's rock hard cock in time with each movement, trying to give his opponent the most pleasure he can.

With one final shift and thrust the metallic lover finds his mark, the Shepherd yelling as his orgasm sprays cum down the alley for an impressive distance. Seemingly not yet enough for him, the robot keeps thrusting into that same spot as his stroking intensifies, soon coaxing out another load of the canine seed. You can't see it's mask clearly but it almost seems like its reddened slightly, like a blush. Could a robot blush? It's definitely a question you never thought you'd ever ask yourself before.

The display goes on for nearly a half hour, the mecha painting the walls of the alley with his opponent's seed before he speeds up himself. A few more thrusts later and he buries his robotic manhood as deep as he can in his defeated lover, holding the furred body close as he obviously releases his metallic cum. He pulls the Shepherd into a tighter embrace, seemingly a cuddle, the other having obviously been so spent he's already passed out from the sheer amount of orgasms.

You take this time to sneak away, give the lovers some time to rest. While nothing about that encounter seems right to you, you chalk it up to the chaotic nature of your environment for making anything possible. You wonder if you'll see any more of the strange mecha warrior, at the very least he seems like he'd make an amazing lover if your paths ever cross.
Insalius

Postby Wahn » Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:57 am

Looks good to me :D

Say if you have any questions about the code bits - you can check the coded version posted above to see what is needed...
Wahn

Postby Insalius » Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:22 pm

Code: Select all
Mecha Mating is a situation. The level of Mecha Mating is 1.
The Mecha Mating is "Outside".
when play begins:
   add Mecha Mating it badspots of guy;

Instead of resolving a Mecha Mating:
     say "     As you continue your search through the city, the sound of combat catches your attention from a nearby alleyway. At first about to leave the potential trouble behind, the bestial snarling and barking from one of the canines roaming the streets combined with the ringing of steel piques your interest. It almost sounds like someone is wearing full metal armor as they fight the creature. Hoping for another survivor, you run to the side of the alley and peek in at the battle.";
     say "     While your guess on the canine was correct, one of the German Shepherds to be exact, his opponent doesn't seem human at all. Like something out of an anime, it is a fully metallic robot crouched in a hand-to-hand combat stance. The metal creature's joints are too small to be used as armor, giving it away as being animated by the ubiquitous nanites. Though how a miniaturized mecha would be created of all things boggles the mind.";
     say "     The German Shepherd suddenly strikes for the robot's head with a clawed hand, though the move seems anticipated. With the surprising agility seen in martial artists, the mecha grabs the incoming arm and uses its momentum to flip the canine onto it's back on the ground. It seems that, despite being made completely of metal, the robot possesses a range of movement that can only be attributed to the nanites' influence.";
     say "     [WaitLineBreak]";
     say "     Having completed it's turn, you can see the metal warrior's face. Though the bottom half is covered in the stereotypical smooth metal mask, a visor right above has two glowing blue lights that must be its eyes. The outer parts of the helmet lack a lot of the ornamentation usually seen, though some paint on the right side just past the visor seem to be marking something. From the distance, though, it is unclear what the colors represent.";
     say "     Getting back up on his feet, the Shepherd launches into a series of attacks again, trying to overpower the robot and end the fight quickly. Again, his actions seem anticipated as the mecha either deflects the blows or diverts them so the canine trips or runs into a nearby wall. The constant movement shows off the rest of the metallic warrior's armor, again oddly lacking in ornamentation which makes it seem of all things slender and smooth. Only what looks like extra panels of armor on the waist of the robot seem like they should be there, covering the crotch and rear especially well.";
     say "     Any thought as to why leaves your mind quickly as the robot slams the canine against the wall one last time, dazing the creature and causing it to crumple to the ground completely helpless. Knowing what usually comes next, you wonder if the metallic warrior even has what is needed to take advantage of his fallen opponent. As the Shepherd is moved, almost gently, to be spread-eagled on the ground for easy access it seems obvious that the mecha has some means of penetration.";
     say "     The robot leans down to the back of the Shepherd, a plate on it's crotch moving aside to let a metallic penis slide to attention. Clearly a male at the very least, the victor strokes the canine's fur almost lovingly as it slowly slides to bury its steel cock completely inside. He pauses, letting the Shepherd adjust and to let his whining subside a bit before starting to thrust. The mecha starts slow, moving the both of them as needed to make his defeated opponent more comfortable as he tries to find the right angles for thrusting.";
     say "     It is refreshing to see a creature being gentle with his defeated adversary, knowing that if the roles were reversed the scene would be quite different. Before long the Shepherd is panting hard and growling, pushing back into each thrust as if craving even more of the metallic member pounding into him quicker and quicker. The mecha shifts slightly as he reaches around to stroke the canine's rock hard cock in time with each movement, trying to give his opponent the most pleasure he can.";
     say "     With one final shift and thrust the metallic lover finds his mark, the Shepherd yelling as his orgasm sprays cum down the alley for an impressive distance. Seemingly not yet enough for him, the robot keeps thrusting into that same spot as his stroking intensifies, soon coaxing out another load of the canine seed. You can't see it's mask clearly but it almost seems like its reddened slightly, like a blush. Could a robot blush? It's definitely a question you never thought you'd ever ask yourself before.";
     say "     The display goes on for nearly a half hour, the mecha painting the walls of the alley with his opponent's seed before he speeds up himself. A few more thrusts later and he buries his robotic manhood as deep as he can in his defeated lover, holding the furred body close as he obviously releases his metallic cum. He pulls the Shepherd into a tighter embrace, seemingly a cuddle, the other having obviously been so spent he's already passed out from the sheer amount of orgasms.";
     say "     You take this time to sneak away, give the lovers some time to rest. While nothing about that encounter seems right to you, you chalk it up to the chaotic nature of your environment for making anything possible. You wonder if you'll see any more of the strange mecha warrior, at the very least he seems like he'd make an amazing lover if your paths ever cross.";

I tried to apply the code to this revision as I saw it applied to the previous version and I don't think I've missed anything. You know more about the coding than I, at least until I learn more of it, so please let me know if I missed anything or typed it wrong. Thank you again for all your help, and I hope I haven't been taking all your time.
Insalius

Postby Wahn » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:00 am

A few small points:
- Indentation in Inform has to be done by Tab. There are no brackets to show groups of code but these indents.
- An event has an "sarea" (search area), so the correct declaration is: The sarea of Eventname is "Area".
- Unless you want your event to come up multiple times, end it with: Now Eventname is resolved;

Here is a working game file that compiled and put the event into my test game to be successfully tested. It's a txt file with a different ending, so you can just open it with a text editor:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lya4t9o2c8wscqh/Mecha.i7x
Wahn

Postby Insalius » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:44 am

I had a feeling I'd get the coding wrong the first time out, it was like that when I first started to learn HTML. Let me look over the example and your suggestions for a bit first before I try again.
Insalius

Postby Wahn » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:54 pm

No worries, these were just a few small bugs. You just need to grab Inform for yourself and try to compile your files, then learn from the error messages.
Wahn

Postby Insalius » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:32 pm

I see, that will definitely be something I can only do from home, then. Work is very strict on downloading anything, especially programs. Which is fine for me. Is there a resource I can read up on coding in Inform? I can search myself if preferred, just I know you do a LOT of coding and I was wondering if you had a preferred source for such things.
Insalius

PreviousNext

Return to Dev Chat