Phenom, new npc thread

Phenom, new npc thread

Postby soul4hdwn » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:41 pm

brainstorming, suggestion, review, ext. thread for new npc to be put in game.

name: Phenom
species: dragon (with added fur)
gender: male (primarily unless future enables a change to a variant of him)

specific kinks so far (to be) added: traditional sex, incest role/play, vore.
special mechanics potentially new to FS: adjustable sarea for events (not tested), 3 npcs as one (different from the angel and the half-orc npcs)

progress/completion:
    event 1 done (thanks wahn)
    event 2 done
    event 3 90%
    dialogs written but not coded
    sex not started
    descriptions sporadic
    endings rough notes only

links to read/edit:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ocauxu96ufjd ... v.2.9.docx
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ep2h21c3f4r2b0k/Phenom.i7x
Last edited by soul4hdwn on Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:44 am, edited 3 times in total.
soul4hdwn
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:25 pm

Re: Phenom, new npc thread

Postby Wahn » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:00 am

If you do post large code chunks, please do it with the code tag around:

Code: Select all
Like this, to preserve tabs.
User avatar
Wahn
 
Posts: 553
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:57 pm

Re: Phenom, new npc thread

Postby Wahn » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:18 am

I couldn't help myself, so I poked around a bit and set up the code for your first event and did some adjustments here and there in the texts. Hope you'll like it:

Code: Select all
Version 1 of Phenom by Soul4hdwn begins here.
[ Version 1 - Initial Setup]

Part 0 - variables and storage

[ Hp of Phenom                                                                          ]
[   0: not found                                                                        ]
[   1: found, light                                                                     ]
[   2: found, dark                                                                      ]
[   3: met, still light                                                                 ]
[   4: met, still dark                                                                  ]
[   5: met, neutral                                                                     ]
[   6: met light, waited *                                                              ]
[   7: met dark, waited for these three, have player re-hunt for them, or make an area? ]
[   8: failed neutral, try later *                                                      ]
[  10: bunkered, light                                                                  ]
[  40: bunkered, neutral these three are swappable each 4-7 days + undefined material   ]
[  70: bunkered (technically), dark                                                     ]

wasvirtue is a truth state that varies, it is usually false. [variable for carrying over descriptors]
phepr is a truth state that varies, it is usually true. [variable for player indentified as parent, might need to shove this into a properly saved value, else make a secondary dialog for it]
[?  variables for vore, usable only with chaotic version ]
 
Part 1 - Event1:

Warehouse Looting is a situation.
The sarea of Warehouse Looting is "Warehouse";
when play begins:
   add Warehouse Looting to badspots of guy;   

Instead of resolving a Warehouse Looting:
   if WarehouseLootingProgress is 0:
      say "     As you wander around near the docks, you overhear some voices and decide to investigate. On reaching the entry of the closest building of a row of warehouses, the voices are replaced with sounds of boxes being bashed around. Peeking around a conspicously open doorway, you spy two creatures digging around for potential loot. The place must have been the sorting storage as there's a vast diversity of items the bandits are ignoring. That or you caught them before they did too much damage.";
      say "     [line break]";
      say "     Do you want to get involved in this and maybe claim whatever it is they hope to find?";
      if player consents:
         say "     [line break]";
         fight;
         if fightoutcome >= 20 and fightoutcome <= 29:   [lost]
            say "     After your opponent is done with you, you crawl away out of the warehouse and gain some distance. But even though you just gained some disdainful memories of defeat for the place, maybe you should return here sometime. There might still be something in there after those two are done, so it's likely worth your time to return here. Though with them not being especially careful in their looting, it'll be a mess and harder to navigate next time.";
         otherwise if fightoutcome >= 30:   [fled]
            say "     You flee the location outright, too dangerous for now. There might still be something in there after those two are done, so it's likely worth your time to return here. Though with them not being especially careful in their looting, it'll be a mess and harder to navigate next time.";
         otherwise if fightoutcome >= 10 and fightoutcome <= 19:  [won]
            say "     That's one down, but the other looter immediately steps up to take you on...";
            fight;
            if fightoutcome >= 20 and fightoutcome <= 29:   [lost]
               say "     After your opponent is done with you, you crawl away out of the warehouse and gain some distance. But even though you just gained some disdainful memories of defeat for the place, maybe you should return here sometime. There might still be something in there after those two are done, so it's likely worth your time to return here. Though with them not being especially careful in their looting, it'll be a mess and harder to navigate next time.";
            otherwise if fightoutcome >= 30:   [fled]
               say "     You flee the location outright, too dangerous for now. There might still be something in there after those two are done, so it's likely worth your time to return here. Though with them not being especially careful in their looting, it'll be a mess and harder to navigate next time.";
            otherwise if fightoutcome >= 10 and fightoutcome <= 19:  [won]
               say "     With the two troublemakers out of the way you walk into the place to sate your curiosity.";
               say "     [line break]";   
               say "     Walking through the building, you suddenly hear a loud thud behind you. A lone warning labeled box wobbled in place before abruptly stopping. 'Caution, untested product' is emblazoned on its side, much like everything a mystery in this city it seems. While you're still thinking what to do about the oddity, the box's sides fall outward perfectly, save for the top which lands on the now tumbling contents. Taking a few step backs, you get ready to fight some monstrous beast - and find yourself just a bit disappointed when the living experiment appears to be a relatively small lizard covered in fur. It's particularly hard to tell as the only obvious details are the white fur and undeveloped four legs.";
               say "     One thing is for sure, it is giving you all its attention. The two foot long creature tilts its head and blinks its eyes with an interested look. Thankfully, it doesn't appear to be hostile or twisted, but it's still not normal - though with everything going on in this city, it might be part of the 'new normal'. The lizard walks a few steps towards you... then skips up the side of a crate to gain height and pokes its muzzle at your backpack, nuzzling it. As you reflexively step away, that causes the little thing to fall off and land clumsily on the floor.";
               say "     [line break]";
               if carried of food > 0:
                  say "     You can't help but feel at least a little bit sorry for it, lying there and squalling loudly. Knowing it is probably just hungry, should you give it some food [Y] or walk away [N]?";
                  if player consents:
                     say "     After hungrily wolfing down everything you're giving it, the creature gives a pleased croon, then rises up on two legs and suddenly focuses on the pool of light coming in through the open door. As if in a trance, it gradually walks toward the [if daytimer is day]sunlight[otherwise]moonlight[end if] until it bumps into a piece of wood on the floor and falls over. Quickly recovering from the fall, it looks at you for a second, then waddles out the door, leaving the building. It seems larger already, with your food fueling the rapid growth. You peek outside to watch it keep trying to stand on two legs, staying away from darker sections of the environment. Then it finally figures it out alright and dashes off and out of sight. Odd, maybe you'll see it again in future.";
                     now hp of Phenom is 1;    [light]
                  otherwise:
                     say "     Not willing to give hard-earned food to whatever that is, you give the creature a hard look for its attempt at your pack and head for the exit. It whimpers, tilting its head, then growls and disappears into the shadows of the warehouse. You don't hear much after that, even as you stand and wait a while to listen, so you assume it must be hiding somewhere now - until you turn and suddenly find it standing outside the building. It must have found another exit - and some food, as it is somewhat larger than before. Its fur is dark now too, an obvious change to before. The creature gives you a silent hiss, then dashes off into the shadow of the next building and vanishes from sight. Hm, doesn't seem so cute and harmless anymore now... maybe you should watch out for when you see it again."
                     now hp of Phenom is 2;   [dark]
               otherwise:
                  say "     You can't help but feel at least a little bit sorry for it, lying there and squalling loudly. Knowing it is probably just hungry, you really wish you had some food on you right now. With nothing to give, you just reach down and pet it to try and comfort the strange creature. It rubs its head against your hand and croons, but still looks a bit disappointed at not getting any food. Then suddenly the little lizard focuses on the pool of light coming in through the open door. As if in a trance, it gradually walks toward the [if daytimer is day]sunlight[otherwise]moonlight[end if] until it bumps into a piece of wood on the floor and falls over. Quickly recovering from the fall, it looks at you for a second, then waddles out the door, leaving the building. You peek outside to watch it keep trying to stand on two legs, staying away from darker sections of the environment. Then it finally figures it out alright and dashes off, vanishing out of sight in short order. Odd, maybe you'll see it again in future.";         
                  now hp of Phenom is 1;     [light]                  
               now Warehouse Looting is resolved;           
      otherwise:
         say "     [line break]";
         say "     You don't feel a burning need to fight them right now, not for the dubious pleasure of poking around in boxes you know nothing about, so you just leave. There might still be something in there after those two are done, so it's likely worth your time to return here. Though with them not being especially careful in their looting, it'll be a mess and harder to navigate next time.";
      now WarehouseLootingProgress is 1;
   otherwise if WarehouseLootingProgress is 1:
      say "      You come back to the warehouse and find its entrance halfway blocked with smashed crates and boxes. Seems the other looters didn't quite find what they wanted and let their aggressions out on them. There's nothing intact or of value left in that accidental barricade, but there might be something inside the building."; 
      say "     [line break]";
      say "     Do you want to check it out?";
      if player consents:
         say "     [line break]";
         say "     You'll either have to clear away those mostly heavy pieces of rubble (Strength) [Y], or you could try climbing over them (Dexterity) [N]";
         if player consents:
            say "     [line break]";
            let bonus be (( strength of player minus 10 ) divided by 2);
            let dice be a random number from 1 to 20;
            say "You roll 1d20([dice])+[bonus] vs 15 and score [dice plus bonus]: ";
            if dice + bonus >= 15: 
               say "[line break]";
               say "     Clearing away the rubble without any problems, you enter the warehouse.";
               say "     [line break]";   
               say "     Walking through the building, you suddenly hear a loud thud behind you. A lone warning labeled box wobbled in place before abruptly stopping. 'Caution, untested product' is emblazoned on its side, much like everything a mystery in this city it seems. While you're still thinking what to do about the oddity, the box's sides fall outward perfectly, save for the top which lands on the now tumbling contents. Taking a few step backs, you get ready to fight some monstrous beast - and find yourself just a bit disappointed when the living experiment appears to be a relatively small lizard covered in fur. It's particularly hard to tell as the only obvious details are the white fur and undeveloped four legs.";
               say "     One thing is for sure, it is giving you all its attention. The two foot long creature tilts its head and blinks its eyes with an interested look. Thankfully, it doesn't appear to be hostile or twisted, but it's still not normal - though with everything going on in this city, it might be part of the 'new normal'. The lizard walks a few steps towards you... then skips up the side of a crate to gain height and pokes its muzzle at your backpack, nuzzling it. As you reflexively step away, that causes the little thing to fall off and land clumsily on the floor.";
               say "     [line break]";
               if carried of food > 0:
                  say "     You can't help but feel at least a little bit sorry for it, lying there and squalling loudly. Knowing it is probably just hungry, should you give it some food [Y] or walk away [N]?";
                  if player consents:
                     say "     After hungrily wolfing down everything you're giving it, the creature gives a pleased croon, then rises up on two legs and suddenly focuses on the pool of light coming in through the open door. As if in a trance, it gradually walks toward the [if daytimer is day]sunlight[otherwise]moonlight[end if] until it bumps into a piece of wood on the floor and falls over. Quickly recovering from the fall, it looks at you for a second, then waddles out the door, leaving the building. It seems larger already, with your food fueling the rapid growth. You peek outside to watch it keep trying to stand on two legs, staying away from darker sections of the environment. Then it finally figures it out alright and dashes off and out of sight. Odd, maybe you'll see it again in future.";
                     now hp of Phenom is 1;     [light]
                  otherwise:
                     say "     Not willing to give hard-earned food to whatever that is, you give the creature a hard look for its attempt at your pack and head for the exit. It whimpers, tilting its head, then growls and disappears into the shadows of the warehouse. You don't hear much after that, even as you stand and wait a while to listen, so you assume it must be hiding somewhere now - until you turn and suddenly find it standing outside the building. It must have found another exit - and some food, as it is somewhat larger than before. Its fur is dark now too, an obvious change to before. The creature gives you a silent hiss, then dashes off into the shadow of the next building and vanishes from sight. Hm, doesn't seem so cute and harmless anymore now... maybe you should watch out for when you see it again."
                     now hp of Phenom is 2;     [dark]
               otherwise:
                  say "     You can't help but feel at least a little bit sorry for it, lying there and squalling loudly. Knowing it is probably just hungry, you really wish you had some food on you right now. With nothing to give, you just reach down and pet it to try and comfort the strange creature. It rubs its head against your hand and croons, but still looks a bit disappointed at not getting any food. Then suddenly the little lizard focuses on the pool of light coming in through the open door. As if in a trance, it gradually walks toward the [if daytimer is day]sunlight[otherwise]moonlight[end if] until it bumps into a piece of wood on the floor and falls over. Quickly recovering from the fall, it looks at you for a second, then waddles out the door, leaving the building. You peek outside to watch it keep trying to stand on two legs, staying away from darker sections of the environment. Then it finally figures it out alright and dashes off, vanishing out of sight in short order. Odd, maybe you'll see it again in future.";
                  now hp of Phenom is 1;     [light]
               now Warehouse Looting is resolved;
            otherwise: 
               say "     You just can't do it. Before you've moved more than a few pieces, you're pretty exhausted. Stumbling away from the warehouse, you resolve that gaining a bit more strength first would be benefitial.";               
         otherwise:
            say "     [line break]";   
            let bonus be (( Dexterity of player minus 10 ) divided by 2);
            let dice be a random number from 1 to 20;
            say "You roll 1d20([dice])+[bonus] vs 15 and score [dice plus bonus]: ";
            if dice + bonus >= 15: 
               say "[line break]";
               say "     On fleet feet, you climb and balance over the rubble and enter the warehouse.";
               say "     [line break]";   
               say "     Walking through the building, you suddenly hear a loud thud behind you. A lone warning labeled box wobbled in place before abruptly stopping. 'Caution, untested product' is emblazoned on its side, much like everything a mystery in this city it seems. While you're still thinking what to do about the oddity, the box's sides fall outward perfectly, save for the top which lands on the now tumbling contents. Taking a few step backs, you get ready to fight some monstrous beast - and find yourself just a bit disappointed when the living experiment appears to be a relatively small lizard covered in fur. It's particularly hard to tell as the only obvious details are the white fur and undeveloped four legs.";
               say "     One thing is for sure, it is giving you all its attention. The two foot long creature tilts its head and blinks its eyes with an interested look. Thankfully, it doesn't appear to be hostile or twisted, but it's still not normal - though with everything going on in this city, it might be part of the 'new normal'. The lizard walks a few steps towards you... then skips up the side of a crate to gain height and pokes its muzzle at your backpack, nuzzling it. As you reflexively step away, that causes the little thing to fall off and land clumsily on the floor.";
               say "     [line break]";
               if carried of food > 0:
                  say "     You can't help but feel at least a little bit sorry for it, lying there and squalling loudly. Knowing it is probably just hungry, should you give it some food [Y] or walk away [N]?";
                  if player consents:
                     say "     After hungrily wolfing down everything you're giving it, the creature gives a pleased croon, then rises up on two legs and suddenly focuses on the pool of light coming in through the open door. As if in a trance, it gradually walks toward the [if daytimer is day]sunlight[otherwise]moonlight[end if] until it bumps into a piece of wood on the floor and falls over. Quickly recovering from the fall, it looks at you for a second, then waddles out the door, leaving the building. It seems larger already, with your food fueling the rapid growth. You peek outside to watch it keep trying to stand on two legs, staying away from darker sections of the environment. Then it finally figures it out alright and dashes off, quickly scrambling over the trash-barricade and out of sight. Odd, maybe you'll see it again in future.";
                     now hp of Phenom is 1;     [light]
                  otherwise:
                     say "     Not willing to give hard-earned food to whatever that is, you give the creature a hard look for its attempt at your pack and head for the exit. It whimpers, tilting its head, then growls and disappears into the shadows of the warehouse. You don't hear much after that, even as you stand and wait a while to listen, so you assume it must be hiding somewhere now - until you turn and suddenly find it standing outside the building. It must have found another exit - and some food, as it is somewhat larger than before. Its fur is dark now too, an obvious change to before. The creature gives you a silent hiss, then dashes off, ducking into a hole of the trash-barricade and vanishing from sight. Hm, doesn't seem so cute and harmless anymore now... maybe you should watch out for when you see it again."
                     now hp of Phenom is 2;    [dark]
               otherwise:
                  say "     You can't help but feel at least a little bit sorry for it, lying there and squalling loudly. Knowing it is probably just hungry, you really wish you had some food on you right now. With nothing to give, you just reach down and pet it to try and comfort the strange creature. It rubs its head against your hand and croons, but still looks a bit disappointed at not getting any food. Then suddenly the little lizard focuses on the pool of light coming in through the open door. As if in a trance, it gradually walks toward the [if daytimer is day]sunlight[otherwise]moonlight[end if] until it bumps into a piece of wood on the floor and falls over. Quickly recovering from the fall, it looks at you for a second, then waddles out the door, leaving the building. You peek outside to watch it keep trying to stand on two legs, staying away from darker sections of the environment. Then it finally figures it out alright and dashes off, quickly scrambling over the trash-barricade and out of sight. Odd, maybe you'll see it again in future.";
                  now hp of Phenom is 1;     [light]           
            otherwise:
               say "     You just can't do it. Trying to climb the mound of broken boxes, you soon fall off, barely managing to escape with just some light bruises. Stumbling away from the warehouse, you resolve that gaining a bit more dexterity first would be benefitial.";           
      otherwise:
         say "     Nah, too much work. Everything good will be gone by now anyways. You shrug and walk away.";
         now Warehouse Looting is resolved;
Last edited by Wahn on Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Wahn
 
Posts: 553
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:57 pm

Re: Phenom, new npc thread

Postby soul4hdwn » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:43 am

ah, code tag preserves tabs. wow... so much and thats just the first fraction. the retranslations and gap filling in, i appreciate and is half of the feedback i'm trying to get. kind of want to know what feels good or not or needs clarification or if i can get ideas.

also wahn, i noticed for the return to first event that the "no food" grants progression (extra dialog and a value save) while the first attempt's no food doesn't. is there a reason for that? not sure about fairness but i suppose if player wasn't stocked to begin with, then oops XD?
soul4hdwn
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:25 pm

Re: Phenom, new npc thread

Postby Wahn » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:13 pm

soul4hdwn wrote: i noticed for the return to first event that the "no food" grants progression (extra dialog and a value save) while the first attempt's no food doesn't. is there a reason for that? not sure about fairness but i suppose if player wasn't stocked to begin with, then oops XD?


I just forgot to put the same progression in that I wrote for the second cycle... there, fixed it above.
User avatar
Wahn
 
Posts: 553
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:57 pm

Re: Phenom, new npc thread

Postby soul4hdwn » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:05 am

you didn't have to fix it, i just wanted to know if there was a reason or it was a mistake. i would've done the rest as i continued. btw i labeled the section as co-written by Wahn, would have been stupid not to.

speaking of continuing, i'll be trying my best to write in coding side of things as i sort out what's already done and add more stuff. there'll still be moments where i'm not sure what concrete detail or action to take for a given spot. this is where i'd need help.

for example, location(s) the next two events are located in. what would be considered bright atmosphere or lit up environments for the mostly powerless city? high rise district and what else? vice versa as well although i can already think of a few, sewers and capital and red light district.

edit: progress will not be fast as proper free time is only available two days of week. =/
soul4hdwn
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:25 pm

Re: Phenom, new npc thread

Postby soul4hdwn » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:43 pm

slight update, organized event 2 and 3 properly, event 3 not complete for revisiting. event 2 should be complete unless i forgot something other than sarea, which i need help on.

i wish i had more people to talk to for fixing or idea gaps.
soul4hdwn
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:25 pm

Re: Phenom, new npc thread

Postby soul4hdwn » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:55 am

negligible update:
corrected sarea format, likely to work better than how i original setup but not tested.
fixed mistakes and filled in a few sections for event 3.
improved links and first post for simpler information readability.

personal info:
this week's days off hasn't been comfortable. i do want to continue this project but sensitivity of mood (random sources) and the time space (literal space) didn't match up this time around. i also growing plans for a writing project not for this game.
soul4hdwn
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:25 pm


Return to Dev Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests