Bug with new build

Bug with new build

Postby Krono » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:53 am

I recently got wind that there was a fairly recent update for FS so of course I reinstalled to update. Old version worked fine when I tried to play it in browser, this version will not launch the game.

The browser console shows these errors:
Loading failed for the <script> with source “file:///D:/Program%20files/Flexible%20Survival/Release/interpreter/jquery-1.11.2.min.js”. play.html:12
Loading failed for the <script> with source “file:///D:/Program%20files/Flexible%20Survival/Release/interpreter/glkote.min.js”. play.html:13
Loading failed for the <script> with source “file:///D:/Program%20files/Flexible%20Survival/Release/interpreter/quixe.min.js”. play.html:14
Loading failed for the <script> with source “file:///D:/Program%20files/Flexible%20Survival/Release/interpreter/resourcemap.js”. play.html:16
Loading failed for the <script> with source “file:///D:/Program%20files/Flexible%20Survival/Release/interpreter/Flexible%20Survival.gblorb.js”. play.html:28

The thing is, there is no such folder named "interpreter" in that directory, hidden or otherwise. So of course any queries directed there would turn up empty handed.

Anyone got those files so I can patch the installation?
Krono

Re: Bug with new build

Postby Krono » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:19 am

ok so here's an update:

I downloaded quixe separately, moved the folder into the correct directory and renamed it as "interpreter". Then I updated the file names in the play.html file since I apparently downloaded a newer version of quixe.

Now all that's left is "interpreter/Flexible Survival.gblorb.js"
How do I convert the gblorb to a js? I tried just renaming it with the js extension and that didn't work. So I assume there is a tool somewhere to convert it... or maybe the file is just floating around github somewhere. I guess I will look there for a min.
Krono

Re: Bug with new build

Postby Wahn » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:40 pm

DO not use quixe - just grab the download from the FS Blog or an interpreter of your choice and the raw game file to run in it.
Wahn

Return to Dev Chat