Project: Sonya the Viking

A place for keeping track of singleplayer projects.

Project: Sonya the Viking

Postby Wahn » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:47 pm

Current Status: Current Stage Finished
Developer: Wahn
Commissioner: Savriss

Rough outline:
Adding more content to the viking ship location, including a Sonya npc who has talk options and sex scenes.

Progression:
13.04.14 - Cabin & Sonya npc created
Last edited by Wahn on Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wahn

Re: Project: Sonya the Viking

Postby Savriss » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:44 am

This expansion was in the cards for ages, Sonya was always planned as a character to expand on. For now, the project is to set up her home and meeting place as an NPC instead of as a fight that has to be hunted.

Some ideas that I've had for the future:
Viking trips into the mists, doing a sort of time-warp to places such as history and 'the edge of the world'. This one obviously may not be canon-proof.
An encounter with mermaids while sailing.
An opportunity to 'monsterize' Sonya, in response to her comments about the PC when they are monstrous.
I've entertained an idea where she falls in battle and nonetheless returns as Valkyrie Sonya.
Helping Sonya and the vikings tame various nu-monsters into mounts, utility and attack animals. In particular, using a fire elemental to help make 'mythic' weapons (upgrading the wedding sword in the process), ships pulled by dragons(!) and vikings mounted on pegasi.
Raids alongside the wife viking, the kids and the adopted family.
Endings, so many endings!

Sonya is still early days, so I'd really like to hear ideas to add to the above list.
Pygmalion, craft me my own Galatea!
Savriss

Postby Shoggoth on the Roof » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:06 pm

Hmm, there could be some sort of encounter with the Dark Elves (svartálfar), that would really make more sense as far as the weapons quest goes, as the svartálfar were the makers of numerous magical things in Norse mythology. Though there's no reason a Fire Elemental couldn't be involved.

"Raiding" a music store for Swedish Death Metal albums (sorry, couldn't resist).

Boss battle vs Surtr or Jörmungandr?
A big monster like that on such a pointed roof... You may ask 'how does it stay up there, if it's so difficult?'

That, I can tell you in one word: tentacles!
Shoggoth on the Roof

Postby Random Bob » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:16 am

How about connecting the viking spear from the museum to your weapon enchanting quest? Or even making it a questline of its own - Valkyrie Sonja* could bring you a message from Odin to find Gungnir, the right spear would happen the be one from the museum? Just something to consider.

*depending on how you intend this whole dying in battle thing, if by players hand then the spear quest could be a chance to "reset" the romance/appease the gods for slaying Sonja or whatever. If more like a background thing then well - it could be just a side quest, it could end up giving you valhallan mead horn that would give you a permament viking infection or something like that.
Last edited by Random Bob on Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Huzzah Jatu!
Random Bob

Postby Savriss » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:46 am

I won't be commissioning a NPC death by PC hands, unless the NPC is the villain of some story.

I kinda like the idea of one of the deities sending a message that Sonya is now a Valkyrie, so you'll need to win her back via some ritual. Rebirth idea pretty far down the line but of things I want to do, but that makes for a good story.

A boss battle would be absolutely awesome! How to make it suitably epic is something I'll have to ponder...

As for music, I can imagine some modern vikings providing an epic metal / rock backing to the parties. Heheh, something to consider.
Savriss

Postby K3t1onc3 » Fri May 30, 2014 9:18 pm

This is a great project.
We offer Alaska Fishing Trips website complete with Kenai riverfront lodging. Contact us at 34575 Keystone Dr. Soldotna, Alaska 99669 (907) 260-3380
K3t1onc3

Postby Savriss » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:41 am

This is just a note to make it clear that this project is not dead. For the moment, I'm just pushing two smaller projects to completion before tackling this one.

Regards,
Savriss.
Savriss

Postby Savriss » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:56 am

I was pondering, what about making the vikings into techno raiders, sword wielding warriors on superbikes and helicopters?
Savriss

Postby Shoggoth on the Roof » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:33 am

Very appropriate.
A big monster like that on such a pointed roof... You may ask 'how does it stay up there, if it's so difficult?'

That, I can tell you in one word: tentacles!
Shoggoth on the Roof

Postby Savriss » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:14 am

There's a bunch of extra work coming for Sonya.

I'd like to ask anyone reading this what desires Sonya satisfies and, further, what further kinks and desires that they'd like to see from her.

At the moment, I want to add more sex scenes where Sonya responds to the player infections and, eventually feats.
Possibility of branching Sonya
- into an adventurer to encounter fighting her own monsters or further challenging the player, with outdoors and exhibition sex.
- into a behind-the-lines leader, staying at home more and making her more about strategising as a commander, empowering people as a dark witch or turning her into a breeding machine.
Upgrade quests of more mystical things, runic tattoos, etc.
Savriss

Return to Projects